Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly

Discus and support Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys! So because of some audit failures I have after the April update,I did some googling and find in this forum that I should run the command "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jigsaw99, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Jigsaw99 Win User

Hello guys! So because of some audit failures I have after the April update,I did some googling and find in this forum that I should run the command " Certutil -Store my" in command prompt to find out if there is anything unusual. I typed exactly that "Certutil- Store my"in CMD but it showed me a message that made me nervous.It didnt show the message that it was supposed to but rather:
    my "personal storage"
    Certutil command completed successfully
    The phrase inside the brackets was written in Greek so I maybe have not properly translated.Since then I'm feeling nervous that maybe I didn't run the command right and I maybe have damaged my PC. Did I do anything wrong?I don't see anything unusual in the behavior of the computer.Also,I had deleted the restore points so I can't restore.Thanks in advance!I also posted this in the thread I found this command but I feel it's appropriate to post it also as a new thread.

:)

Jigsaw99, Jun 30, 2018
  2. Renaldo cru Win User

Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Jun 30, 2018
  3. quasar923 Win User
    internet connection problem- help

it gieves me a list of commads. which do i do?

quasar923, Jun 30, 2018
  4. RandallBrock Win User

Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly - Similar Threads - Certutil commad CMD

2. need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file: Hey, Probable pretty easy for some of you but after a bit of googling I can't quite figure it out. I need to run a command within CMD as administrator within a batch file which then users can just run. Any ideas would be great. Dan...
  3. Interfaces and Routing via CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Interfaces and Routing via CMD: Little background, I keep randomly losing connecting and my network and file paths are just a disaster. My networking interfaces kept randomly disappearing. Also even though I've downloaded the correct drivers from the manufacturer, they never actually update. I came...
  4. Windows 10 - IPConfig not running or not recognized in cmd?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - IPConfig not running or not recognized in cmd?: Hi, when I run Powershell as administrator, it gives me this message: https://i.imgur.com/MsvDXjz.png What does this mean?...
  5. after booting cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after booting cmd prompt: sir please resolve my problem when system is on a cmd prompt shown 'c\users\user\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\lawctcfw\wcificsv.exe[ATTACH]...
  6. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  7. How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil

in Windows 10 News
    How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil: [ATTACH] Did you just download a large file? Or do you have a file that you have a suspicion about? The best way to make sure the file comes from a verified source is by measuring its checksum. A checksum is [...] This post How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil...
  8. autoclose cmd after execution

in Windows 10 Support
    autoclose cmd after execution: Hello, i need to autoclose cmd, after execution. I changed dword 32 value in regedit under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command to: "cmd.exe /k "%1" %*" Now it won't autoclose, i needed it to see error message and now i can't google default value. Thanks for help....
  9. Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?: Noticed when I install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Creators Update and don't have the computer connected to the network / internet... When the PC starts and logs in to the desktop I notice one or sometimes two CMD Prompt-like Windows quickly appear and disappear on the...
  10. CMD Popup (Arguments in the command line are invalid)

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Popup (Arguments in the command line are invalid): Hey guys Recently installed a new SSD into my laptop and fresh copy of Win 10 Enterprise I'm getting a random CMD popup every now and again, still trying to catch it with a screenshot next time I see it. But what I could manage to read while it briefly pops up is something...