Windows 10: Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly

Discus and support Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys! So because of some audit failures I have after the April update,I did some googling and find in this forum that I should run the command "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jigsaw99, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Jigsaw99 Win User

Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly

Hello guys! So because of some audit failures I have after the April update,I did some googling and find in this forum that I should run the command " Certutil -Store my" in command prompt to find out if there is anything unusual. I typed exactly that "Certutil- Store my"in CMD but it showed me a message that made me nervous.It didnt show the message that it was supposed to but rather:
    my "personal storage"
    Certutil command completed successfully
    The phrase inside the brackets was written in Greek so I maybe have not properly translated.Since then I'm feeling nervous that maybe I didn't run the command right and I maybe have damaged my PC. Did I do anything wrong?I don't see anything unusual in the behavior of the computer.Also,I had deleted the restore points so I can't restore.Thanks in advance!I also posted this in the thread I found this command but I feel it's appropriate to post it also as a new thread.

:)

Jigsaw99, Jun 30, 2018

2. Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Jun 30, 2018
  3. quasar923 Win User
    internet connection problem- help

it gieves me a list of commads. which do i do?

quasar923, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly

Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly

1. Certutil commad in CMD may have been typed wrongly - Similar Threads - Certutil commad CMD

2. I may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I may have been hacked: How can I really force reset this laptop cause when it's booting up it says running diagnostics but always fails and if I trouble shoot or try to reset or even use a system restore point every single thing fails...
  3. I may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I may have been hacked: How can I really force reset this laptop cause when it's booting up it says running diagnostics but always fails and if I trouble shoot or try to reset or even use a system restore point every single thing fails...
  4. I may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my laptop may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop may have been hacked: I was contacted by itworldpro.net purportedly on behalf of Microsoft saying that my licence had expired and that was why my laptop was running slowly. They took control of my laptop, allegedly cleaned it up and charged me £1,200 for a lifetime licence. I bought my laptop in...
  6. CertUtil

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CertUtil: CertUtil CertUtil -dump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%BF%90%E8%A1%8Ccertutil%E6%98%AF%E5%81%9A/d3b803fa-d285-4cdf-bd54-5396e791c824
  7. CertUtil

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CertUtil: CertUtil CertUtil -dump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%BF%90%E8%A1%8Ccertutil%E6%98%AF%E5%81%9A/d3b803fa-d285-4cdf-bd54-5396e791c824
  8. CertUtil

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. This may have been covered....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This may have been covered....: ….but I haven't been able to find a thread on this. First of all, I am running Windows10 v.1803. The computer hadn't been updated for quite a while (I know, I know...but that's a different story), & I'd learned 1803 wasn't going to be supported anymore. So, I went to download...
  10. May have been hit with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    May have been hit with Malware: I am running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I had the thing setup to always display my desktop as opposed to the Windows 10 start menu. Almost all of my applications had icons on the desktop. Now when I start, my desktop is totally empty even the color was changed. I used...