Windows 10: Challenge for the Drivers and Hardware Guru's on the Forum!!

Discus and support Challenge for the Drivers and Hardware Guru's on the Forum!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks, Here is a challenge for the Drivers and Hardware Guru's on the Forum!! I have an old (USB Gen 1) keyboard which is (was back in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PC Pilot, Feb 6, 2016.

1. PC Pilot Win User

Challenge for the Drivers and Hardware Guru's on the Forum!!

Hi folks,

Here is a challenge for the Drivers and Hardware Guru's on the Forum!!

I have an old (USB Gen 1) keyboard which is (was back in the day) a very capable device with many additional useful pre/programmable buttons for a host of media, internet and system functions.

Sadly, MS dropped this particular keyboard from its (then) Intellitype Pro software quite some while ago. Just as I was bemoaning this lack of support I came across the following site http://www.blogfeld.com/2009/11/natu...s-7-vista.html with excellent instructions on how to edit the .xml file to remap the feature buttons. So effective was this that the keyboard functioned as purchased right through all updates/revisions of Windows 7.

Having recently taken up the Windows 10 Upgrade offer the keyboard (no longer supported by the newer Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Centre Software) once again has only basic functionality*Sad.

So my question/challenge is to anyone out there who can suggest the modifications necessary to edit the .xml file of the newer 'Keyboard & Mouse Centre Software' such that it can be adapted to match the modifications to 'Intellitype Pro V8.2' which were so successful in Windows 7 64 Bit.

To assist, I have identified a Keyboard which is supported in both products (Microsoft's Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000) so that the corresponding entries for both .xml files can be compared, with the intention being that this could then be adapted to add the MS Internet Keyboard Pro as had been achieved in the previous .xml modifications for Intellitype Pro (and the very similar MS Natural Keyboard Pro) the modifications from which are discussed here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-ff27b0821fcc/ to adapt the MS Internet Keyboard Pro. The full modified Intellitype x64 .xml as a text file is also now attached

A further text file with the .xml differences for the MS Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 is attached together with one detailing the revised Intellitype Set Up Instructions to incorporate the MS Internet Keyboard Pro.

Grateful to hear from anybody up to the challenge of keeping some old but very capable hardware rockin*Smile

Thanks for giving this a decent look....

:)

PC Pilot, Feb 6, 2016

2. touchpad

Thank you for getting back to us. We recommend checking this Forum Article
    created by Andre Da Costa to guide you in installing your touchpad's driver. If you're still having challenges in installing the said driver, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer.

Update us on the outcome.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Hardware Keyboard Challenge - how to update driver

Hi: I have an HTC Fuze / Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6.5. When I type a character on the hardware keyboard, it will type a colon ":" and then the character I had just pressed. After I type that one character, the keyboard is no longer responsive -
    and the cap lights goes on. I'm quite certain it is NOT a hardware issue as I have the ability to boot my phone to Android 2.2 via an SD card. When in Android, the keyboard works perfectly. (The keyboard was working perfectly until I re-flashed the ROM I had
    been using - as I wanted to delete the data from my device.)

I've tried flashing a stock ROM...but no luck.

I don't know if there's something I can do in the registry to attempt to fix the issue or how to get into something equivalent to Device Manager on a desktop that might help me around the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

David Mark, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

Challenge for the Drivers and Hardware Guru's on the Forum!!

1. Challenge for the Drivers and Hardware Guru's on the Forum!! - Similar Threads - Challenge Drivers Hardware

2. Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, or if I should be in a hardware forum, but here...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, or if I should be in a hardware forum, but here...: Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, or if I should be in a hardware forum, but here goes, thank you for your patience: Lenovo ThinkPad P50 with Win 11 1. It's the number one key. I have done the standard recommended fixes for the number one key when it stopped echoing...
  3. Calling All network Guru's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calling All network Guru's: Here's the issue and it is baffling me.Ok Three Computers 2x Desktop and a laptop. All on same network well laptop is wireless. On all the computers I have completed all the network sharing type stuff, made sure the MacAfee firewall is good to share files etc and shared all...
  4. Calling All network Guru's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Calling All network Guru's: Here's the issue and it is baffling me.Ok Three Computers 2x Desktop and a laptop. All on same network well laptop is wireless. On all the computers I have completed all the network sharing type stuff, made sure the MacAfee firewall is good to share files etc and shared all...
  5. I need a tech guru

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a tech guru: I have searched every where can someone please tell me how to make a game compatible I've tried so many things and the most common thing that pops up is click the compatible tab in properties but I don't have a compatible tab ps I'm trying to rum a game called medieval...
  6. drivers and hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drivers and hardware: how I enter the MEZLER forum on the Epson 1660 scanner to ask and tell my experience on the subject 164801
  7. hardware and drivers

hardware and drivers: The bluetooth on my PC is not working and there is no option to turn it back on. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have tried switching this driver off and on and reinstalling it but the problem just keeps coming back. I have tried switching bluetooth support services to automatic. I...
  8. Hardware driver

Hardware driver: Looking for driver for old zip driver using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-driver/9323e992-a608-43e6-9254-3922646f4f8d
  9. guru browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    guru browser: czy ktoś pomoże mi usunąć guru browser...? to cholerstwo nie chce zniknąć. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/guru-browser/149a8738-ce12-4353-8c20-dcf4cceeb175
  10. Question for the registry guru's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question for the registry guru's: I gotta be honest here, I found a tutorial - but it was "juuuust" beyond my grasp and when working with the registry it can get hairy. Spent a lot of time getting this pc set up and dont want to lose it all due to my OCD desire to "customize" this small tidbit. I'm hoping...