Windows 10: Change Address Manually in Microsoft Edge for Favorites

Discus and support Change Address Manually in Microsoft Edge for Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I want to manually change the address to what I want it to be for my favorites. The reason for this is because sites I want to favorite redirect... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Danielzxzx, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Change Address Manually in Microsoft Edge for Favorites

Hello, I want to manually change the address to what I want it to be for my favorites. The reason for this is because sites I want to favorite redirect and I don't want to favorite what it redirects me to. How do I do this?

:)

Danielzxzx, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Edge Favorites missing after latest Win10 update, 12th November 2015

Edward,

Great. I do the same, by the way.

I use IE for everything that matters so managing my Favorites is straightforward. When I feel adventurous and decide to have another go at Edge, I import my current IE Favorites into Edge and start using it.

If I do stumble across a webpage in Edge that I want to add to my Favorites, I copy the web address from Edge's address bar then either

paste it into the IE address bar and create the Favorite in that

or

manually create a shortcut in any convenient folder such as my desktop and paste the web address in there then move the new shortcut to Favorites.

This is easy to do but it breaks my train of thought so I generally just stick with using IE.

Perhaps this July's Windows updates will include some astounding change to Edge that will make managing Favorites easy again. There is no guarantee but improvements to Edge were reported last year as being central to a big set of changes due for release
    this July - I believe that it is now being referred to as Windows 10 Anniversary Edition [pass the sick bag please].

Tryx3, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Edge Favorites missing after latest Win10 update, 12th November 2015

Great info. Thank you.

EdwardBarfield, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Change Address Manually in Microsoft Edge for Favorites

I haven't found a way to do this in Edge, but I did find a work around. I don't know why they've made things so hard! What I did is open Internet Explorer (you may have to search for it, but it's still on Windows 10), navigate to the address you want to favorite, add the site to your favorites in IE, go into the IE favorites and right-click on the one you want to change the URL for, choose properties, then edit the URL and save or apply. Next you'll just import the favorites again in Edge and it should pop up. Hope this helps!

tanyamoniq, May 16, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Internet Explorer: click Start, click All Apps, scroll down the list to W, click Windows Accessories. You can then open IE or right-click and choose Pin to Start, will add at the bottom of the Tiles which can be dragged up the list. Also can click More and get Pin to Taskbar.

Berton, May 16, 2016
  6. egray Win User
    You can use the 3rd-party EdgeManage application to edit the URLs inside the Edge Favorites (plus do a lot more)

Take a look, if you like, at: Manage Edge Favorites

egray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change Address Manually in Microsoft Edge for Favorites

1. Change Address Manually in Microsoft Edge for Favorites - Similar Threads - Change Address Manually

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  5. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  7. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  8. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  9. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  10. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change favorits url

2. win10 edge manually add a favorite

3. microsoft edge change location manually

4. how to manually create a favorite in ie,
  5. how change address in favorites