Windows 10: change admin username account

Discus and support change admin username account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hello.a few months ago my brother install win 10 to my laptop.i don't know which name choose but in user folder i see in user folder in admin folder... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vasilisnik, Aug 6, 2016.

1. change admin username account

hello.a few months ago my brother install win 10 to my laptop.i don't know which name choose but in user folder i see in
    user folder in admin folder account the user name ''nikol''.yesterday i reinstall win 10 using media creation.i choose during installion a different name.but installation is finished i saw that the user name ''niko'' remain.i don't remember anything problem
    like that in win 8-8.1.is a bug?can i rename user name of admin folder?
    change admin username account [​IMG]

:)

vasilisnik, Aug 6, 2016

2. change admin username account

with microsoft account .also in manage another account there is no any option for change name

vasilisnikolo, Aug 6, 2016
  3. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 6, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

change admin username account

It sounds as if you did an in-place upgrade not a clean install. You can't rename the existing admin account but you can create a new admin account and then delete the user nikol. Alternatively you could again try to do a clean install and delete all partitions when you get to the screen asking where you want to install Windows.

lx07, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

change admin username account

1. change admin username account - Similar Threads - change admin username

2. PC admin account change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC admin account change: When I purchased my pc they set up the Adminstrator email account using the email I placed the order under, a gmail account. Is there a simple method of changing this admin email accoun on my pc without losing my the connection to my MS account and Windows 11 installation....
  3. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  4. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  5. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  6. How to change username of logged in account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change username of logged in account.: Please Read Hello Everyone! I bought a PC from a seller. And he had an account logged-in in the PC. There is no password. And his username is displayed everytime I turn on my PC. I couldn't find anyway to change it. Please help if there is anyway to do so....
  7. changing admin while the admin account is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing admin while the admin account is locked: need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore nor will i again after this has been done. and it seems i cant even manage my computer without it telling me that im account...
  8. Change account username for Windows 10

Change account username for Windows 10: I have the only account on my PC. It is a Microsoft account, not a local account, with BitLocker enabled. I have discovered that my username in file explorer and in file paths are the first five letters of my email address linked to my Microsoft account. I want to change...
  9. Change Microsoft Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  10. How to change Microsoft account username?

How to change Microsoft account username?: I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and registry information...