Windows 10: Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID

Discus and support Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I recently received a laptop from my university running Windows 10 Pro Education. I do not know much about computers so please bear with me. When... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Muhammad Ahmad bin Shoaib, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID

Hi,

I recently received a laptop from my university running Windows 10 Pro Education. I do not know much about computers so please bear with me. When signing in to the laptop I signed in with another email ID instead of the ID that I had provided my University with. Now, it is my belief that my Microsoft Office is not registering because my laptop is locked to the new email ID instead of the old ID that I had provided my university with, which in turn purchased/locked this laptop to that email ID. Now, how do I change the administrator email to the email that I had provided my university with in the first place or is there another way to register my Office? Thank you.

Regards,

Muhammad Ahmad bin Shoaib

:)

Muhammad Ahmad bin Shoaib, Aug 2, 2018

2. Change administrator email

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You can just provide the Administrator privileges to your personal Microsoft account from your current Admin account (work email ID). To do so follow these steps.

• Press Windows Key, Type manage your account
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Family and Other Users.
    • Select the account that you wish to change to Admin account.
    • You'll get an option to Change account type. Click on it and change it to
      Administrator.

If you wish to sign out from the Microsoft account, follow these steps:

and hit Enter.
    • Click on Your account tab.
    • One the right side, you'll see an option to Sign-in with a local account instead.
    • Click on it and enter your password to make changes.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create a local account.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 2, 2018
  3. mccoady Win User
    Change Administrator Email

I hope I can explain this correctly. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I had been using a Sbcglobal email but have since changed to an Outlook.com email. I'm still currently using the former but not for much longer. We have two User Accounts (mine & wife's) on this PC so any changes will need to take that into consideration.

My startup login still shows my Sbcglobal email as does my Administrator account on my PC. If I click on 'Manage my Microsoft account' and go to my online account it does show my new Outlook.com as my email.

How do I change my startup email login & Administrator email (Sbccglobal) to my new Outlook.com email?

If you sign in with a local account will that give you the opportunity to change the email to Outlook.com? If I would switched back I suppose I would still have my old email correct?

mccoady, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID

changing Administrator email when signing into computer

Hello Susan.

You can just provide the Administrator privileges to your personal Microsoft account from your current work email ID. Follow the steps provided below.

and hit Enter.
    • Click on Family and Other Users
    • Select the account that you wish to change to Admin account.
    • You'll get an option to Change account type. Click on it and change it to
      Administrator.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Haidae Tam, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID

1. Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID - Similar Threads - Change Administrator Email

2. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Administrators Email Address: I need to change the email address of my Administrator's account in Windows 10. How do I do that? These does not appear to be anyaccurate instructions for this on the web....
  3. Wrong email address for signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  4. Wrong email address for signing in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  5. change email id for windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change email id for windows: I have submitted wrong email id for my windows,how i change my email id,although outlook id is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-id-for-windows/af87203e-f7ee-422b-932a-066e85b41fcc"
  6. Change the Administrator Email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Change the Administrator Email: Hi I would like to change the email user to my administrator account. How to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-administrator-email/9182851e-1110-4569-a3ff-42c2aaf8c4ce"
  7. Change Administrator Email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Administrator Email: I recently closed my email account due to excessive spam. How can I change my Administrator Email for Windows 10? I keep getting notifications to Fix my account. 139069
  8. Change Administrator Email

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Administrator Email: I recently closed my email account due to excessive spam. How can I change my Administrator Email for Windows 10? I keep getting notifications to Fix my account. [img] 139069
  9. Change Administrator email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator email: I need to change my pc administrator email address, but it doesn't seem there is a place to change it. Does anyone know how to make the change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-administrator-email/f64f39f1-20be-4344-b4bf-fcf39a4c4cdc"
  10. Change Administrator Email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Administrator Email: I hope I can explain this correctly. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I had been using a Sbcglobal email but have since changed to an Outlook.com email. I'm still currently using the former but not for much longer. We have two User Accounts (mine & wife's) on this...