Windows 10: Change app background color

Discus and support Change app background color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been able to change most of the colors (Active & Inactive Title Bar, etc.) using Superfly's S.M.A.C.C. However, I'd like to change the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phrab, May 27, 2017.

1. phrab Win User

Change app background color

I've been able to change most of the colors (Active & Inactive Title Bar, etc.) using Superfly's S.M.A.C.C. However, I'd like to change the background of certain apps, whose background always seems white. e.g. I notice that when I start Calculator, it flashes blue, then turns white. I'd like to keep it a color different than white. Is there a way to do this using S.M.A.C.C. I've attached a screenshot of what happens with the calculator.
    Thank you,

:)

phrab, May 27, 2017
  2. 154Neil Win User

Win 10 Background Color in start menu

Thanks, I wanted to change the background color of particular apps. I am curious as to how the background color is determined since almost all of my apps have the same color except for a few.

154Neil, May 27, 2017
  3. Win 10 Background Color in start menu

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You can change the background color of the start theme but you can’t change the background color of the particular app.

If you want to change the background color of the start theme please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

1. Go to Settings.

2. In Personalization select Colors.

3. Select the particular color of your preference and change it.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 27, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

You can only select between dark or light skin in settings app/personalization/color or on some UWP(Store) apps, in their own settings(gear icon).

SMACC works with System32 programs and the only changes made to apps are the same ones you get when using settings app(the accent colors for the title bar(for some) and the very thin window frame.
    And this is also changing as more & more UWP apps get the new Project Neon skin(which I personally like much better) now called "Microsoft Fluent Design System".

Change app background color [​IMG]

Cliff S, May 27, 2017
  5. phrab Win User
    Thank you, Cliff. I like the dark background much better as it's easier to see. How did you get that background? i.e. How can I get Project Neon or Microsoft Fluent Design System?

phrab, May 27, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    If you have Win10 updated to at least the latest current build( 15063.332), many UWP apps have Neon now.

To set for dark in settings:

On some of the individual apps(but not calculator, as it's automatically done from the settings app) you need to set Mode to Use system theme:

Cliff S, May 27, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    The App Splash Screen should be your Accent Color:

If you're on the latest Insider Build with Transparency enabled, you should see 'Fluent Design'

Edwin, May 27, 2017
  8. phrab Win User

Thank you for this information. I'm not sure what Insider Build is, so I'm probably not on it. This is what I see when I choose Personalize>Colors:
    this is what I see.

phrab, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change app background color - Similar Threads - Change app background

2. Change Folder Background colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Folder Background colors: How do I change the 'Folder Background colors' to something other than bright white?Very irritating to eyes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-folder-background-colors/b42adbd7-01cc-4b17-b5df-727d9e3ceba7
  3. App background color changed to green - how to reset

App background color changed to green - how to reset: Hi TeamSome how some of applications backbround color is being displayed as green. Can you please let me know where should I change. Attached the few appliaions background colors - notepad, onenote, colormanagement applications....
  4. How to change background color

How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  5. Change app color background back to accent color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change app color background back to accent color: [ATTACH] I got the new app icons (mail, maps, calendar and others) but they are now all on a blue tile instead of the accent color I had picked How do I get the icons back on the red accent color?...
  6. Changing Mail App Background Color on Emails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Mail App Background Color on Emails: [ATTACH] Hey r/Windows10! I am having a heck of a time getting the mail app to work for me I am wanting to make the app show a dark background where I type emails I've done the personlization dark mode but it doesnt change the email body, and I just cant seem to...
  7. background color change on email

background color change on email: this is a question about changing the background screen. I was able to change my Samsung computer main background but my email and others are black. How do I change the background color on my email and other applications? thanks in advance...
  8. Change of Notepad Background Color

Change of Notepad Background Color: How do I change my Notepad Color in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-notepad-background-color/7c5c2ed0-74ec-4b0e-b2d8-b506cacf220f
  9. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...
  10. Toolbar background color change

Toolbar background color change: My toolbar background color has changed to a sick shade of pink color. This color is also the background in other programs. I have no idea of what changed it or how it came about. Can this color be customized/changed back to the default? 43840