Windows 10: Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray

Discus and support Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I find the simple flat Windows 10 icons for the Action Center in the System Tray, for example, [img] or [img] , very difficult to see and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rklevy, Mar 20, 2016.

1. rklevy Win User

Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray

I find the simple flat Windows 10 icons for the Action Center in the System Tray, for example,
    Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray [​IMG]
    or
    , very difficult to see and differentiate.

I know that one can change the appearance of icons for other items in the system tray but I have not been able to locate the appropriate .dll or .exe file for the Action Center Icon so that I can change the actual appearance of those icons. Is there a way to change the appearance of these particular icons? Where are these Action Center icons stored?

:)

rklevy, Mar 20, 2016
  2. rklevy Win User

I find the simple flat Windows 10 icons for the Action Center in the System Tray, for example,
    or
    very difficult to see and differentiate.

I know that one can change the appearance of icons for other items in the system tray but I have not been able to locate the appropriate .dll or .exe file for the Action Center Icon so that I can change
    the actual appearance of those icons. Is there a way to change the appearance of these particular icons? Where are these Action Center icons stored?

rklevy, Mar 20, 2016
  3. rklevy Win User

thanks...i looked there and answered the survey but the changes they are working on there do not directly address my issue although somewhat closely related.

rklevy, Mar 20, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @rklevy, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

You can't change those icons. They reside in one of the highest permission system files. You'll nuke your OS if you try!

Edwin, Mar 20, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Mar 20, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Unfortunately not. WB for W10 still won't skin some elements.

Edwin, Mar 20, 2016
  7. rklevy Win User
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone...very helpful...I don't want to re-skin the entire interface so even if Windowsblinds worked, that's not really what I was looking for.

I guess I just have to hope the Microsoft peeps figure out that these icons are not particularly "bootiful" and they will change them in some future release. Until then, I'll just have to get used to the confusing notification icon.

rklevy, Mar 20, 2016
  8. JohnBurns Win User

Try a "Trial" of Windowblinds before you buy it - I did and I did not like the results, so I didn't spend money foolishly. Just a suggestion. It changed a lot more than the theme and I wasn't familiar with how to overcome the changes, so I just uninstalled it - nothing lost except my time.

JohnBurns, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray - Similar Threads - Change appearance Action

2. Has the WiFi Icon in Action Center Changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has the WiFi Icon in Action Center Changed?: I must confess that I haven't paid much attention in the past, but I was having some connection problems yesterday and spending more time than usual thrashing around in the Action Center. The WiFi icon looked funny to me - it has this little dingus at the upper right see...
  3. Messed system icons action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed system icons action center: Suddenly my system icons show distorted and messed next to the action center of taskbar . Neither adding some from the settings list "turn system icons on or off" works, they just don't show. Sometimes hovering the pointer on the taskbar where they show distorted clears the...
  4. System Icon Tray has Disappeared next to the action center and cannot close action center...

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Icon Tray has Disappeared next to the action center and cannot close action center...: I do not know if my question transmitted as the window just froze. It is regarding the fact that my system icon tray has disappeared and that I have reached the point of fatigue from spending so many hours trying to find a resolution. Right now all the icons are piling up...
  5. System tray not appearing.

System tray not appearing.: My system tray has not been appearing for a month or so. My taskbar where the system tray should be is empty. see image [ATTACH] When I check settings to show them, the options have been grayed out and I cannot change them. [ATTACH] I have tried regedit and looking for...
  6. Change location of the action center icon on system tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Change location of the action center icon on system tray: Hi, I have the taskbar vertically positioned, and the action center icon gets too much space, alone and not with other system tray icons. [img] I would like to put the action center icon along with the other system tray icons, and not alone. Someone can help ? Windows...
  7. Action Center, Network, Sound icons, and Date/Time in system tray unresponsive to...

Action Center, Network, Sound icons, and Date/Time in system tray unresponsive to...: Hi, The subject line pretty much explains the issue. When I left-click on any of the icons mentioned, nothing happens, meaning I can't use any of the interfaces connected with these because they don't open. Just to clarify, none of these are missing, and they behave...
  8. Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray: I am a Windows 10 user. I uninstalled Norton AV after I received advise to do so from the Microsoft community experts. I did remove it and activated Windows Defender. But the windows defender icon is not visible in the system tray. I tried various means. I am not an IT...
  9. System Tray and Action Center gone after 1903

System Tray and Action Center gone after 1903: My system tray and action center are gone after 1903 update. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-and-action-center-gone-after-1903/66feb575-a4cb-48d3-8e7d-e9624f648508
  10. Is it possible to change the position of the action center icon?

Is it possible to change the position of the action center icon?: I would like to change the position of the clock and action center on the system tray (like win 10 does with anniversary update), other system tray icons like power and wifi are changeable but the clock and action center isn't. Is this possible? 58223