Windows 10: Change Audio Playback Device & Change Active Window in cmd

Discus and support Change Audio Playback Device & Change Active Window in cmd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically what the title says. I need to be able to: 1. Change the audio playback device to a specific device. 2. Change the active window. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Danielzxzx, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Change Audio Playback Device & Change Active Window in cmd

Basically what the title says. I need to be able to:
    1. Change the audio playback device to a specific device.
    2. Change the active window.

Both need to be able to be done in cmd. How would I be able to do that?

:)

Danielzxzx, Dec 2, 2015
  2. NavazKhan Win User
    NavazKhan, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Volume not working on windows 10.

I went to bottom right screen & clicked to show hidden icons.

Double click on RealTek HD Audio Manager.

Click Device Advanced Settings.

Under Playback Device, I changed it to "Make front & rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously."

Works fine, now.

YoungEngines.com, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Change Audio Playback Device & Change Active Window in cmd

kokobooster, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Doesn't seem to be working. Doing anything wrong?
    I'm typing this in cmd:
    "C:\Program Files\nircmd-x64\nircmdc" setdefaultsounddevice "SONY TV *00-C" 1
    "C:\Program Files\nircmd-x64\nircmdc" setdefaultsounddevice "SONY TV *00-C" 2

And it doesn't change anything.

EDIT: Nevermind The device was actually: ""SONY TV *00-C". 2 spaces between TV and *. Anyway thanks for helping with that. Now I just need a way to be able to change the active window in cmd.

Danielzxzx, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Change Audio Playback Device & Change Active Window in cmd

1. Change Audio Playback Device & Change Active Window in cmd - Similar Threads - Change Audio Playback

2. Selecting playback device does not change audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selecting playback device does not change audio output: Anytime I want to connect my computer to my headphones, I would have to go into the sound settings to disable speakers such that the audio would play on the headphones, else it would just play on the computer's speakers even though the playback device is shown to be my...
  3. Audio Playback Devices

Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  4. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  8. V1803 Changes Audio Playback Detection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    V1803 Changes Audio Playback Detection: I use my PC for both general use and for my home recording studio. Prior to1803 I could have my recording interface connected (its an MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid with ASIO) and also my regular PC audio (Realtek) and the PC Audio "Speakers" would remain as the default audio playback...
  9. Cannot Change Default Playback Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Change Default Playback Device: I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from windows 7 and I'm already starting to hate myself. I open the playback devices tab under sound and click on my Siberia v2 illuminated headset and click set as default device and it does nothing. I can't disable my speakers or...
  10. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...