Windows 10: Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Discus and support Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey Windows 10 Color Control, another tool I've never heard of. I'm learning here. *Smile So, I downloaded it, used it, changed the colors to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UltraVolta425, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Hey

Windows 10 Color Control, another tool I've never heard of. I'm learning here. *Smile
    So, I downloaded it, used it, changed the colors to black, clicked Apply... and unfortunately, the CTRL ALT DEL screen didn't change.

Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen [​IMG]

UltraVolta425, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hey

For the past two hours I've been looking into how I can change the blue background color when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL on my Windows 10 build 16299.371
    For clarification, I mean this screen here:

Any ideas?

:)

UltraVolta425, Apr 28, 2018
  3. JazzBass Win User
    Lock Screen Image Not Visible When Ctrl+Alt+Del Is Enabled

Hello all,

So far I'm loving Windows 10. I had a little niggle that annoyed me and wanted to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

I had ctrl+alt+del enabled in my machine when it had Windows 8.1 and the login screen image was visible. When I upgraded to 10, it only displayed the color. I went through various settings (disable background, enable background in the ease of access section),
    tried changing the images, and a few other things and nothing resolved it.

I then thought about disabling ctrl+alt+del and did so. My image came back and all is well, other than not having ctrl+alt+del enabled.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this expected behavior?

Thanks!

JB

JazzBass, Apr 28, 2018
  4. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

How can I create a custom logon screen with ctrl+alt+del enabled for all users?

Original Title: Custom logon screen

I have been able to create a custom logon screen for all users, but when requiring ctrl+alt+del to log in the image goes away and is replaced with the current color of the theme. I can open netplwiz, deselect require ctrl+alt+del and then lock the screen
    and my image is there.

How can I create a custom logon screen with ctrl+alt+del enabled for all users?

KevinVargo, Apr 28, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    Settings/Personalization/Colors

Edwin, Apr 28, 2018
  6. That's where I looked first, but no matter what color I pick (and I'd really love black), it won't change the blue color of that CTRL+ALT+DEL screen.

7. Edwin New Member
    Try setting your background to 'Center', then add the custom color that matches your accent color in 'Colors'...

Edwin, Apr 28, 2018
  8. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Unfortunately, all that does, is center my background image instead of stretching it:

so, the blue background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL didn't change.

9. Try toggling these on, if they are not, or maybe off then close settings and back on:

My CTRL ALT DEL screen is the accent color for me. The dark gray I have set shows, not blue.

Access Denied, Apr 28, 2018
  10. I hadn't seen that option yet, thank you for that. Unfortunately, it didn't get the result: the CTRL ALT DEL screen is still blue.
    I checked both options and I chose a grey-ish color from the colors in the top of the window.

11. Edwin New Member
    For some reason, your DWM color is not syncing with your accent color,

try Windows 10 Color Control...

(your Glass8 application may have something to do with it!) *Wink

Edwin, Apr 28, 2018
  12. Thanks Edwin, I was at a loss here. I never really press CTRL ALT DEL and had to do it so I could check mine for this thread lol.

Access Denied, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

1. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen - Similar Threads - Change background color

2. Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?: please help me to edit this default setting to another color without selecting high contrast theme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ctrlaltdel-menu-background-supposed-to-be-black/065ce0ef-00ca-4509-b805-57f19ea509c7
  3. Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?: please help me to edit this default setting to another color without selecting high contrast theme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ctrlaltdel-menu-background-supposed-to-be-black/065ce0ef-00ca-4509-b805-57f19ea509c7
  4. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  5. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  6. what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?: Want to do the same thing here. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen Change background color of the ctrl alt del screen. I'm trying to do this on a number of Windows Server 2019 VM's, but windows 10 will work the same way. I know you can go to settings,...
  7. what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?

in Windows 10 Support
    what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?: Want to do the same thing here. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen Change background color of the ctrl alt del screen. I'm trying to do this on a number of Windows Server 2019 VM's, but windows 10 will work the same way. I know you can go to settings,...
  8. Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?: Today I went to use my laptop and when I was finished I went to shut down my laptop. Well for some reason when I clicked ctrl alt del, the only option that it was giving me was to lock my computer and nothing else, no sign out or shut down. I didn't alter any settings and...
  9. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Chnage background image of ctrl alt del screen