Windows 10: Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows

Discus and support Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows How to Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows [img] Information You can change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by pietcorus2, May 6, 2017.

1. Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows

How to: Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows

How to Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows

Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows [​IMG]
    Information You can change the look and feel of all your Office programs by changing the Office Background. In Office 2016 you can choose from no background and Calligraphy, Circles and Shapes, Circuit, Clouds, Doodle Circles, Doodle Diamonds, Geometry, Lunchbox, School Supplies, Spring, Stars, Straws, Tree Rings, or a Underwater background.

The Office background will be applied to Excel 2016, Word 2016, Outlook 2016, PowerPoint 2016, OneNote 2016, Publisher 2016, Visio Professional 2016, Visio Standard 2016, Office 2016 if installed on your PC.

This tutorial will show you how to change the background in Office 2016 for your account on Windows PC(s).

Note You must be signed in to Office 2016 to be able to change your Office background.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Office Backgrounds (click on image for full size)

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Office Background on All PCs

Note If you have Office programs on other computers connected to this account, they'll also use the background you select using this option.

1. In an Office 2016 program (ex: Outlook 2016), click/tap on File. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Account or Office Account. (see screenshots below)

3. Click/tap on the drop down menu under Office Background, and select the background you want to use. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Office Background on Just This PC

Note This option is for when you want to only change the background of the Office programs on this computer.

1. In an Office 2016 program (ex: Outlook 2016), click/tap on File. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Options. (see screenshot below)

3. In the General tab under Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office, click/tap on the drop down menu next to Office Background, select the background you want to use, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Note You may also wish to check or uncheck Always use these values regardless of sign in to office for what you want.

This is unchecked by default. When unchecked, the Office programs on your PC gets your user name, initials, Office Background, and Office Theme from the Microsoft Account you use to sign into Office. If you want to associate a different user name and initials with the files you create, enter those values in the User name and Initials fields and check this box.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

pietcorus2, May 6, 2017

2. Folders - color and background color "inside the folder"

Hello,

I have several "folders" on my desktop and I have put different colors on the folders themselves for my various color-coding.

When I open the folders I can see the various icons I have set up.

However, the background is just pure white space. Is there any way to change this background to a color/design/pattern?

*** Moved from Office / Outlook / Other/unknown / Office 2016 ***

TansukhGanatra, May 6, 2017
  3. Start Screen tiles: how to choose between the two color / image styles?

Before the Fall Update to Windows 10, the Start Screen tiles for Office 2016 and many other apps on my Surface had images that were small and backgrounds that were all the same, looking like the image here:

After the Fall Update, the tiles changed to have images that were bigger and the colors of the Office 2016 apps, as shown below:

I had supposed this different style was due to a change in the Fall Update, but when I got a new computer last week, and installed the Fall Update first and Office 2016 afterwards, the tiles had the style of small images and backgrounds of the same color,
    as shown in the top image. (I used the new computer to do the top picture, and the Surface to do the bottom picture, accounting for the difference in size).

Is there some way to choose between these two styles?

Is the difference on the two computers related to the different order of installing the Fall update and Office 2016 on the two computers?

Mickey Segal, May 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows

Hello pietcorus2,

I'm sorry, but you must be signed in to Office 2016 to be able to change your Office background.

Brink, May 6, 2017
Thema:

Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows

1. Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows - Similar Threads - Change Background Office

2. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  4. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016: I HAD OFFICE 2016 DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED, AND ACTIVAED IN MY MS ACCOUNT. IT WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING ON A COMPUTER FOR A YEAR UNTIL I "CLEANED" THE COMPUTER AND UNINSTALLED IT. I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLEDIT ON THE SAME COMPUTER USED BEFORE. I COULD NOT ACTIVATE IT....
  6. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  7. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  8. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.: can't quite figure out what's going on here... - had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different desktop backgrounds, all with slightly different configurations. - one of the three pcs was purchased for home use, it was just...
  9. Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016: Can you run office 2016 32 bit on a windows 10 64 bit machine like in windows 7? Is office 2016 a stand alone like office 2013? Thanks Z 26758
  10. Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows: How to: Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows How to Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows [img] Information You can change the look and feel of all your Office programs by changing the Office Theme. In Office 2016 you can choose from Colorful, Black, Dark Gray,...