Windows 10: Change background of start/shutdown screen

Discus and support Change background of start/shutdown screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to put picture when seeing windows shutting down as I fall sleep and the background is ugly. Here is how it looks like [img] However, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by unknowndevil, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Change background of start/shutdown screen

I want to put picture when seeing windows shutting down as I fall sleep and the background is ugly.
    Here is how it looks like
    Change background of start/shutdown screen [​IMG]

However, now shutting down picture is not logon picture anymore so I cannot not use logon screen tweaker.

Is there anyway to change the start/shutdown screen?

Thanks

:)

unknowndevil, Sep 5, 2015

2. Can't change the background of Start screen

I have exactly the same problem, with the same model i.e. Nokia 735. If anyone can assist it will be greatly appreciated.

PaulAdams9999, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Can't change the background of Start screen

After contacting twitter support, they told me to do a reset. Much to my disgust, I forced myself to do it and I restored a backup. I can now change the background of the start screen, if you think it's worth it to reset tour whole device to change the background
    of the screen like I did, then go ahead. You will lose alot of app data, but some major games support keeping your data on backup, and you can check which in the backup menu.

Make sure to do a backup before you are going to reset!

Jamie

JamieStoneXQ, Sep 5, 2015
  4. MtheK Win User

Change background of start/shutdown screen

I agree. In Win7, the shutdown screen is NOT opaque. Further, it doesn't appear for
    a few seconds, and, in fact, I can delay it w/my own program, due to serialization of
    SetConsoleCtrlHandler PIDs. This way, I am able to see my consoles' output briefly.
    Now, I am forced to rely on log files exclusively! Basically, I lost a debugging aid...

MtheK, Apr 28, 2016
  5. Barryleef Win User
    I downloaded a program UI to change the locked login screen. The forum stated that unlike Windows 7 you couldn't just edit the registry and that the program supplied was needed to modify files. Actually it doesn't seem as complicated as stated, Windows 10 seems to have a series of executable configuration files called answer files (extension .xml). I'm still looking at the files assessing if i need to modify a file or create a new file and figure the command line to have this new file executed by Windows 10 unless its as simple as just writing the command and the file is automatically executed.
    Custom shutdown screen

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

Windows provisioning answer file

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85%29.aspx

Barryleef, May 19, 2016
  6. Barryleef Win User
    What it is i think is that the registry has a lot of hidden root pathways the answer files overlay the registry like a custom rootkit that was placed in windows 10 by Microsoft.

This is the Lock screen changer. the sdk is available at the website.
    https://github.com/PFCKrutonium/Wind...anger/releases

Barryleef, May 19, 2016
  7. MtheK Win User
    No one has an answer to these yet?

1. How can I stop this IMMEDIATE(!) BLUE OPAQUE SHUTDOWN SCREEN
    so I can watch how my programs react to shut down, as I can in Win7?
    Perhaps RegQueryValue=FadePeriodConfiguration, length=144?

Perhaps this next one will fix both...???

2. How can I serialize shutting down processes, again, as Win7 does, where
    the black shutdown screen ONLY appears AFTER all processes have been dealt
    with? This kinda defeats the SetProcessShutdownParameters/ShutdownLevel API.
    Using my program running multiples in Win7, I can give myself time to shut
    down PROCMON to avoid its' 'file corrupted' msg when I try to open it later.
    Perhaps RegQueryValue=SerializeAppShutdown, length=16?

I can't find any doc on these 2 registry values on the Web...

MtheK, Jul 14, 2016
  8. MtheK Win User

Although I do not know what to use as a value for SerializeAppShutdown
    (various attempts all failed), I did find that csrsrv.dll apparently is
    the program that uses it. However, in my multiples, if I "randomly" assign
    the SHUTDOWNLEVEL so that each is unique, starting with 201h, then they no
    longer shut down at the same time, and so I can once again extend my
    shutdown time. That is, for each one, at startup, I add the current # of
    seconds in the TOD clock to it. This then "serializes" them, similar to Win7
    (assuming the # of seconds aren't the same, controlled by when I start them).

MtheK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change background of start/shutdown screen - Similar Threads - Change background start

2. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  3. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  4. Changing on-screen backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing on-screen backgrounds: Okay, remember that I am a tech "dinosaur".With Windows 7, I could go into "backgrounds"and CHOOSE which pictures I wanted as my background, on my monitor/display.The pictures that I UN-checked would not be used, by my "display.IN Windows 10, however, I cannot find sucha...
  5. Start Full Screen Background

Start Full Screen Background: So, I have a wallpaper on my desktop that used to show when I used my start full screen. Now, my start screen is completely black with only some of the icons and boxes which are also blank. It only shows colors on my start screen, nothing else. When I try to change my...
  6. Start menu in full screen mode changes it's background to black.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu in full screen mode changes it's background to black.: In non full screen mode background is purple, as it should be. Anyone knows to fix it? Here's how it looks like submitted by /u/vhourusz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gegn2c/start_menu_in_full_screen_mode_changes_its/
  7. Changing the lock screen background

Changing the lock screen background: I have just bought a new HP laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to change the lock screen but the box to choose an image is greyed out and I have a red message saying 'some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.' This is weird as this is my personal...
  8. Change Login Screen Background

Change Login Screen Background: Where can I find the setting to change the login screen background image from the default Windows logo that comes with it? 129621
  9. start screen background

start screen background: Can I change start screen background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/start-screen-background/4baf5f7a-9244-422b-b327-7c60de868598
  10. change the Login screen background?

change the Login screen background?: Is there an easy way to change the Login screen background? 13815

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to change shutdown screen color in Windows 10