Change Boot Loader location to C drive?

Discus and support Change Boot Loader location to C drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to fix so my Boot Manager is on the same drive as the OS? I remember having this problem before, and the solution was to basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zerowalker, Jul 3, 2018.

1. zerowalker Win User

Is it possible to fix so my Boot Manager is on the same drive as the OS?
    I remember having this problem before, and the solution was to basically install Windows with all other Disks disconnected.
    Which seems weird, i mean why would it even want to install the loader on another drive:S

Change Boot Loader location to C drive? 2018-07-03_20-18-40gmshv.png

EDIT: Boot Manager, not Loader;P

:)

zerowalker, Jul 3, 2018
  2. MilkyWay Win User

issues with Boot Loader

esaay bcd has a repair boot loader and other boot loader options, its saved me back when i removed my second hard drive

MilkyWay, Jul 3, 2018
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Vista+Bootloader+from+the+DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

4. Lucky443 Win User

how to change the entry point for secondary boot loader?

Hi All,
    i don't know i can post this here or not
    I have a KMC board with mips VR4131 processor. The target board already having cmon boot loader on flash. Now I need to put my yamon boot loader which I modified according to the requirement on the flash(mean while i need to protect my previous boot profram so i can't overwrite that). As we know MIPS have fixed starting address 0xbfc00000, how to change this address to other address so that after power on it can enter to the new address (boot loader).
    If any one has some idea, please help me
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Lucky

Lucky443, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Boot Loader location to C drive? - Similar Threads - Change Boot Loader

2. Bought used computer changed motherboard and windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought used computer changed motherboard and windows wont boot: I Bought a Dell AIO Inspiron 3455. It was dead. Replaced motherboard. Ran diagnostic all good but it wont boot. How do I reactivate windows?...
  3. Changing Windows 10 Boot Logo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows 10 Boot Logo: Dear Microsoft Community, I wanted to make a change on my computer but I don't know how to do it. Since I use Lenovo U41-70 (Model 80J3), I changed my BIOS to it's own Boot Screen about 6 months ago. Now I feel it's kind of strange when I am using Windows 10 but with a...
  4. How to Change Boot order without knowing the password

How to Change Boot order without knowing the password: My friend had her grandchildren mess up her computer She lost her administrator password. How can I find the administrator password to be able to reset the computer. Or, is there a way to bypass the required password. The Computer is running Windows 10....
  5. Permanently allow program to make change on boot up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently allow program to make change on boot up: Win 10 home current edition on Notebook PC When I install a program I get the fly out box "allow program to make changes" I have a Graphics Pen Tablet Huion Q11k Every time I restart I get the message "allow a parogram...etc" presumably to allow drivers to run in the...
  6. Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot: win 10 pro 1709. Home computer. In the 3 plus months since I have had the notebook I have never used the lock screen. I do use the login screen each and every time I power up (I believe I know I can do away with the log in screen but I like it) and I am greeted by the same...
  7. Power Plan Changes Every Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Plan Changes Every Boot: This only started happening after I upgraded motherboard, CPU and clean installed Win 10. I have always set the power plan to performance. Every boot or restart, the plan will revert back to the balance plan. I can't find any settings that would do this. I even created a plan...
  8. Boot manager description keeps changing after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot manager description keeps changing after restart: This is crazy - seems every time I restart one PC here, the boot manager description (msconfig/boot) keeps changing. Went from Win 10 Pro to Home to, now, Vista. If this keeps up, I'm liable to see Win 3.1. I am using bcdedit to change it back but where's this coming from?...
  9. Windows Doesn't boot without boot disk. Changes the boot order no luck

Windows Doesn't boot without boot disk. Changes the boot order no luck: Did a re install with boot disk, not when the computers boots, its asking for the boot disk. I tried changing the startup order in the Bios having the HDD with windows installed on it as the First, but it still will not load without the boot disk. 103288
  10. How do I change a dual boot into a single boot PC

How do I change a dual boot into a single boot PC: Perhaps my explanation wasn't clear. I want to install all the programs I want on Partition F (while booted into it). This is my clean install. When they all work as I want them to, I intend to delete the current partition C: (the old installation) and just use the clean...