Windows 10: Change Boot Loader location to C drive?

Discus and support Change Boot Loader location to C drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to fix so my Boot Manager is on the same drive as the OS? I remember having this problem before, and the solution was to basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zerowalker, Jul 3, 2018.

1. zerowalker Win User

Change Boot Loader location to C drive?

Is it possible to fix so my Boot Manager is on the same drive as the OS?
    I remember having this problem before, and the solution was to basically install Windows with all other Disks disconnected.
    Which seems weird, i mean why would it even want to install the loader on another drive:S

Change Boot Loader location to C drive? 2018-07-03_20-18-40gmshv.png

EDIT: Boot Manager, not Loader;P

:)

zerowalker, Jul 3, 2018
  2. MilkyWay Win User

issues with Boot Loader

esaay bcd has a repair boot loader and other boot loader options, its saved me back when i removed my second hard drive

MilkyWay, Jul 3, 2018
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Vista+Bootloader+from+the+DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

4. Lucky443 Win User

how to change the entry point for secondary boot loader?

Hi All,
    i don't know i can post this here or not
    I have a KMC board with mips VR4131 processor. The target board already having cmon boot loader on flash. Now I need to put my yamon boot loader which I modified according to the requirement on the flash(mean while i need to protect my previous boot profram so i can't overwrite that). As we know MIPS have fixed starting address 0xbfc00000, how to change this address to other address so that after power on it can enter to the new address (boot loader).
    If any one has some idea, please help me
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Lucky

Lucky443, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Boot Loader location to C drive? - Similar Threads - Change Boot Loader

2. Windows' Boot loader installed itself on my old hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows' Boot loader installed itself on my old hard drive.: Yesterday I had put together my new machine and installed Windows 10 via USB, in UEFI. I have 2 hard drives, my new one which'll be the main one and another one from my old computer plugged in, to transfer files. Apparently the boot loader had installed itself on the old...
  3. change boot drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    change boot drive: How to transfer my boot drive to new SSD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-boot-drive/99098282-2bfa-4c7b-a5a5-804d4e547f62
  4. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  5. How to change C drive User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change C drive User Name?: I am the only user of my pc, and I am the administrator etc but the user name shown in the C drive is John and I want to change that to Pete. I have drives C and F In C the user is called John In F user called Pete Start/File Explorer/This pc/Local Disc...
  6. Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive: I only have limited space on my ssd, I have changed the default location within the setting storage menu to another drive but yet it still downloads to the C drive?? anyhelp Edit: Talking about downloading Windows store apps, specifically a game 76560
  7. Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.: The other day i deleted my EFI partition along with one other, the reason for this is because i was trying to get a Ubuntu dual boot to work. Before doing this i knew i was going to brick my windows installation. But now i really need to get my windows partition back up and...
  8. Possible Boot Loader Corruption

Possible Boot Loader Corruption: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 Desktop (or did have) with one hard drive. The primary partition is Windows 10 - 1 (C) and the scondary partiton is Windows 10 - 2 (E). I booted normally this morning and ran disk cleaning and defrag software which is normal. Earlier I...
  9. dual boot - boot loader not always loaded

dual boot - boot loader not always loaded: Hello! I got a problem with my Windows 10 / Windows 7 dual boot system. The boot loader does not come up every time. It depends on what I did before. Shut down Windows 10 -> boot loader does not show up on next boot and Windows 10 boots up. Reboot Windows 10 -> boot...
  10. Change default program files location to drive other than C?

Change default program files location to drive other than C?: There is the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion but changing the location in there, doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have a relatively small SSD and I can not install everything to my C drive. I appreciate anyone's help. 13628