Windows 10: Change color of "More apps" text

Discus and support Change color of "More apps" text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just read this tutorial, and I had no trouble following it, but there's another color I would like to change. In the image below I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gregyurkon, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Change color of "More apps" text

I just read this tutorial, and I had no trouble following it, but there's another color I would like to change. In the image below I would like to change the color of the text inside the red rectangle. Is there a way to do that?

Change color of "More apps" text [​IMG]

You might not be able to see the text in that image, and it's just barely visible on my desktop. I would like text to be more easily readable.

:)

gregyurkon, Nov 21, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User
    JimWynne, Nov 21, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Change color of "More apps" text

The only way is to also change the color of Start, taskbar, action center... in the settings app. The color of the More Apps text is somehow connected to that, and cannot be changed in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors].

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2015
  5. Thanks. It looks as though I have to choose between having most things be aesthetically pleasing and having a few things be easy to read. BTW, it took an hour for me to figure out how to draw that red rectangle in GIMP, so Microsoft doesn't have a monopoly on making things progressively more difficult.*Smile

gregyurkon, Nov 21, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome. I have the same problem setting RGB values and creating a color AeroHybrid theme in the registry. If you would like a great screenshot tool that's easy to use and has oodles of options, try PicPick(that's what I use: PicPick - by NGWIN, All-in-one design tool, Screen Capture, Image Editor, Color Picker, Pixel Ruler and More

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2015
  7. gregyurkon, Nov 21, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

*Thumbs

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change color of "More apps" text - Similar Threads - Change color More

2. changing color of boarder text

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing color of boarder text: my question is when i am using multiple tabs using chrome if you can see the top left corner the google word is in white text but if you click on the taskbar or if you click folder etc that will turn into black which makes my eyes sore i want to know how to make that text...
  3. Change my text color

Change my text color: I am unable to see the text written on my screen and it is very light blue. All I want is to have solid white with my background and vice versa with black if white background.. Please will you help Thanks Kellie...
  4. Change colors of toolbars and icon texts

Change colors of toolbars and icon texts: How can I change the colors of toolbars, text in toolbars? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-colors-of-toolbars-and-icon-texts/2842acb3-f56f-430e-8f24-83fda8fa0a19
  5. Text changing color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text changing color: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to fix this? I got my Windows 10 laptop on Christmas and this issue started happening shortly after, where the text randomly turns green, purple, or pink. It stopped happening and recently started again. I've not messed with the graphics...
  6. Text and background color change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and background color change: Following the last automatic update to Windowws the background color and text color chnges on Excel and message boxesl ike this one. How to I change it back so I can see what is being entered?...
  7. Change Color of Yellow text

Change Color of Yellow text: I need to change the color of some of the reference points, referrals text or link (click on) points text so I can read them easier, this is what I'm talking about. All I find on internet is info of High contrast from Desktop Display, personalize , that doesn't do what I am...
  8. Change Color of Yellow text

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Color of Yellow text: I need to change the color of some of the reference points, referrals text or link (click on) points text so I can read them easier, this is what I'm talking about. All I find on internet is info of High contrast from Desktop Display, personalize , that doesn't do what I am...
  9. Changing text colors for programs ?

Changing text colors for programs ?: Several programs I use have dark backgrounds with dark colored text, such as black background with dark blue text, someone told me there's a way to change text colors in the programs through windows 10 settings, is that correct? if so how ? 38903
  10. Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

Is there someway to change titlebar text color?: Is there a way to change titlebar text color? like for active and inactive title bars? I mean I really do not understand at all why they removed all these customization options in windows 10, that even windows 95, 98, xp, me, vista, 7 and I think 8 had. 14676