Windows 10: Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

Discus and support Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I changed my computer name using the settings option (first way listed) in the tutorial Change Computer Name in Windows 10 . Fine. But now I can no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by haysr, May 6, 2018.

1. haysr Win User

Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

I changed my computer name using the settings option (first way listed) in the tutorial Change Computer Name in Windows 10 .

Fine. But now I can no longer log in. My ordinary login works on another computer just fine, so it's to do with the login being associated with this computer's name. What to do?

Thanks.
    Bob

:)

haysr, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

1. Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in - Similar Threads - Change Computer Name

2. changed computer name deleted old computer name can't add new computer name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changed computer name deleted old computer name can't add new computer name: I changed my computer's name. I did not change the serial number. I deleted the old name. now I want to add the new name. microsoft website keeps saying id doesn't recognize the serial number. I'ts the same serial number the comuter had with its old name. Now I have no...
  3. changed computer name deleted old computer name can't add new computer name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changed computer name deleted old computer name can't add new computer name: I changed my computer's name. I did not change the serial number. I deleted the old name. now I want to add the new name. microsoft website keeps saying id doesn't recognize the serial number. I'ts the same serial number the comuter had with its old name. Now I have no...
  4. changed computer name deleted old computer name can't add new computer name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. can't change my name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change my name in Windows 10: Hi i can't change my name in Windows 10, looking at all the other posts, websites and videos I understand that there was this 'change you name' option in control panel a few years back, but now it's gone and i dont know how to change my name. I want to change the greeting in...
  6. Can't change Windows 10 bluetooth name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Windows 10 bluetooth name: I have my Windows 10 PC named "PC" from what I can tell, but whenever I connect my Bose QC35 headphones via bluetooth to my computer, my headphones say "connected to desktop L8VGX bla bla bla," which is really annoying. I want to change the bluetooth device name to "PC" but...
  7. change log in name on new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change log in name on new computer: How do I change the log in name on my new computer? We now have two computers but because I set each one up my name comes up when my husband goes to log in. I want to have his name on the log in page instead of mine. Thank you,...
  8. Changing Windows 10 Log-On name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing Windows 10 Log-On name: I have been trying to change my name for my windows log on for the longest time and everytime I try I come up short. I have tried using control panel to do it and would try on Microsoft if I could navigate it properly. Any other ways, or a location to find where I can change...
  9. Changing the computer name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the computer name?: Hello everyone, I need help with changing my username on the computer. now the reason i want to do it because my username is on my language and because of that the computer cant locate games or installation programs. and i know there is a option to change in the settings....
  10. Change Computer Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Computer Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Computer Name in Windows 10 How to Rename your PC in Windows 10 PCs on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two PCs have the same name on the same network, it creates a conflict for network communications....