Windows 10: Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

Discus and support Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I changed my computer name using the settings option (first way listed) in the tutorial Change Computer Name in Windows 10 . Fine. But now I can no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by haysr, May 6, 2018.

1. haysr Win User

Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

I changed my computer name using the settings option (first way listed) in the tutorial Change Computer Name in Windows 10 .

Fine. But now I can no longer log in. My ordinary login works on another computer just fine, so it's to do with the login being associated with this computer's name. What to do?

Thanks.
    Bob

:)

haysr, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

1. Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in - Similar Threads - Change Computer Name

2. Changing Windows 10 Log-On name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing Windows 10 Log-On name: I have been trying to change my name for my windows log on for the longest time and everytime I try I come up short. I have tried using control panel to do it and would try on Microsoft if I could navigate it properly. Any other ways, or a location to find where I can change...
  3. Can't log into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into computer: Tried to log into safe mode, and told (by computer) my password is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-into-computer/e90de751-893a-448b-b7e7-29fa4e7b871e
  4. change the name on second computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the name on second computer: How do I change the name on my other computer???????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-name-on-second-computer/09ff73fc-4acd-453c-8e90-74c6e236843c
  5. Changing Computers User Name

Changing Computers User Name: Hi, My mom just gave me her laptop so I'm trying to personalize it as me. While trying to change the Username, I don't quite get why I have already change the username in the registry but still showing different name on the system information. Anything I can do to fix this? I...
  6. Change of my Computer's Name

Change of my Computer's Name: I unknowingly changed my Computer's name in the Control panel settings. I'm not connected to a Domain or a workgroup. So will this affect or cause any problems in the Future?...
  7. Changing computer name

Changing computer name: Hello I recently purchased a new hp laptop computer for my business. My coworker set up the computer not knowing what i needed computer name to be and also logged into Microsoft through it. My question is do i need to return computer to factory to change the computer and...
  8. Changing the computer name?

Changing the computer name?: Hello everyone, I need help with changing my username on the computer. now the reason i want to do it because my username is on my language and because of that the computer cant locate games or installation programs. and i know there is a option to change in the settings....
  9. Can't change User name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change User name: After I installed Windows 10, I created a Microsoft online account to see what it was like. During the process, it changed the name on my local Windows 10 user account. I used Control Panel to go to Users, but there seemed to be no way to change the name back to the original....
  10. Change Computer Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Computer Name in Windows 10: I accidentally noticed that there is another way to open the system properties, by right clicking on this pc and select properties. [img] 5174