Windows 10: Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10

How to: Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10

How to Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10

Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903.

Information Searching in Cortana on your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows.

Starting with Cortana search box background to opaque (white), semi-transparent (default), or fully transparent.

While the Cortana search box background is fully transparent, the color of the taskbar will show through it.

This tutorial will how you how to change the transparency level of the Cortana search box background for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

Code:
    Value DWORD

0 = Transparent
    60 (decimal) = Semi-transparent
    100 (decimal) = Opaque (solid white)

You can manually modify the Value DWORD to a decimal value of 0 to 100 for a custom transparency level.

EXAMPLE: Opaque, semi-transparent, and transparent Cortana search box

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (opaque), step 3 (semi-transparent), step 4 (transparent) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency to Opaque
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 5 below.

Opaque_Cortana_Search_Box.bat

Download

3. To Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency to Semi-transparent
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 5 below.

Default_semi-transparent_Cortana_Search_Box.bat

Download

4. To Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency to Transparent

Transparent_Cortana_Search_Box.bat

Download
    5. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

6. Unblock the .bat file.

7. Run the .bat file.

8. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

9. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

10. It is recommended that you also change the Cortana search box text color to black or white depending on what you set above to see the text better against the background.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 30, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Oct 26, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

Good one @Brink! *Thumbs

I noticed also, if you do 'bold' Menus, it'll take up there.
    Menus Text Size - Change in Windows 10

(Also: Change Search Box Transparency) *Wink
    (.bat files are real handy!!!) *Wink *Wink

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  6. 1SIGINT1 Win User
    The background color of the Cortana Search Box

A few weeks ago following a Microsoft update the Cortana Search Box background switched from an off gray to a bright white. I find this to be very distracting since my screen background is black. Is there a way to change the background color of this
    search box? I have looked around but have found nothing, and I do not want to turn the search box off.

1SIGINT1, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Cortana Search

2. Transparent search background is missing

in Cortana
    Transparent search background is missing: HiMy transparent search background is missing. I tried many methods on google. all of them doesn't work. And I found an effect picture on internet.Can you help me?thanks a lotSpecification : Win10 Pro 20H2 19042.928 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0...
  3. Is it possible to make the Cortana search background transparent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make the Cortana search background transparent?: Is it possible to make the Cortana search background transparent? submitted by /u/ChocolateBanana134 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8ph7p/is_it_possible_to_make_the_cortana_search/
  4. Making search box transparent

in Cortana
    Making search box transparent: İ want to search box transparent. İ didn't find any solution for it but who can help me about it? info: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-search-box-transparent/23f19b04-3549-4695-a360-1f7890712336
  5. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  6. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998
  7. Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10: How to: Change Color of Search Box on Taskbar to White in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows....
  8. Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana on your taskbar...
  9. Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana...
  10. Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in...