Windows 10: Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 [img] Warning This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903.

Information Searching in Cortana on your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows.

Starting with Cortana search box text color to black or white.

This tutorial will how you how to change the Cortana search box text color to black or white for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

Code:
    Value DWORD

0 = Black search box text color (default)
    1 = White search box text color

EXAMPLE: Black and white text color in Cortana search box on taskbar

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (black) or step 3 (white) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Change Cortana Search Box Text Color to Black
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Black_Cortana_search_box_text_color.bat

Download

3. To Change Cortana Search Box Text Color to White
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

White_Cortana_search_box_text_color.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Jan 20, 2017
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 20, 2017
  3. Shawn Brink, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Cortana Search

2. Text color turned white in Search Box

in Cortana
    Text color turned white in Search Box: HelloRecently I enabled High Contrast for a bit just to explore, and when I turned it back off I saw that whatever text I typed in Windows Search was white and was not visible. It wasn't like that previously. Everywhere else the texts looks normal but in search it is white...
  3. How to change the Search box text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Search box text in Windows 10: In Windows 10 Search box, a default text Type here to search is visible. While some users are OK with that, others want to replace that text. If you also want the same, then you can change this default text with a custom text of your choice. You can either add your own name...
  4. How to change the text color when I type on the search box?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the text color when I type on the search box?: Whenever I try to type on the search box, the text is white. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-text-color-when-i-type-on-the/2663d0a3-884f-4956-bd2d-1194dfff43a1
  5. Cortana search box text can't be seen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana search box text can't be seen: Got a new Dell for the kids yesterday, during some unsupervised activity the kids got into all sorts of settings. Took me a while to reverse them and all was fine except one. If you type into the Cortana search box, the text can not be seen, white text on white background...
  6. Windows 10 search box text changing by itself

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search box text changing by itself: I recently have been having an issue with my search box text in Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.628 where my search box text changes randomly from the default "Type here to search" to just "Start a search". This issue happens whenever I restart my computer or sign out and...
  7. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...
  8. Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10: How to: Change Color of Search Box on Taskbar to White in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows....
  9. Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana...
  10. Change Search Box Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Search Box Text in Windows 10: How to: Change Search Box Text in Windows 10 How to Change Search Box Text in Windows 10 Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. Starting with Windows 10 build 14946, you can change or remove the default Type here to search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chat with cortana by typing

2. cortana search font color change

3. change cortana text colour

4. change cortana text color,
  5. cortana font color,
  6. adjust size of cortana search box,
  7. cortsna color,
  8. how to change the font color in my search box,
  9. change cortana text to black,
  10. change text colours in cortana,
  11. windows 10 search text color,