Windows 10: Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903.

Information Searching in Cortana on your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows.

Starting with Cortana search box text to solid, semi-transparent (default), or fully transparent.

This tutorial will how you how to change the transparency level of the Cortana search box text for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

Code:
    Value DWORD

0 = Transparent
    30 (decimal) = Semi-transparent
    100 (decimal) = Solid

You can also manually modify the Value DWORD to a decimal value of 0 to 100 for a custom transparency level.

EXAMPLE: Solid, semi-transparent, and transparent Cortana search box text

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (solid), step 3 (semi-transparent), step 4 (transparent) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency to Solid
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 5 below.

Solid_Cortana_Search_Box_Text.bat

Download

3. To Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency to Semi-transparent
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 5 below.

Semi-transparent_Cortana_Search_Box_Text.bat

Download

4. To Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency to Transparent

Transparent_Cortana_Search_Box_Text.bat

Download
    5. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

6. Unblock the .bat file.

7. Run the .bat file.

8. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

9. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 7, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

Good one @Brink! *Thumbs

I noticed also, if you do 'bold' Menus, it'll take up there.
    Menus Text Size - Change in Windows 10

(Also: Change Search Box Transparency) *Wink
    (.bat files are real handy!!!) *Wink *Wink

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Oct 26, 2019
  6. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Cortana Search

2. How to change the Search box text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Search box text in Windows 10: In Windows 10 Search box, a default text Type here to search is visible. While some users are OK with that, others want to replace that text. If you also want the same, then you can change this default text with a custom text of your choice. You can either add your own name...
  3. Making search box transparent

in Cortana
    Making search box transparent: İ want to search box transparent. İ didn't find any solution for it but who can help me about it? info: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-search-box-transparent/23f19b04-3549-4695-a360-1f7890712336
  4. Cortana search box text can't be seen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana search box text can't be seen: Got a new Dell for the kids yesterday, during some unsupervised activity the kids got into all sorts of settings. Took me a while to reverse them and all was fine except one. If you type into the Cortana search box, the text can not be seen, white text on white background...
  5. Windows 10 search box text changing by itself

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search box text changing by itself: I recently have been having an issue with my search box text in Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.628 where my search box text changes randomly from the default "Type here to search" to just "Start a search". This issue happens whenever I restart my computer or sign out and...
  6. Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10: How to: Change Color of Search Box on Taskbar to White in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows....
  7. Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana on your taskbar...
  8. Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in...
  9. Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching...
  10. Change Search Box Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Search Box Text in Windows 10: How to: Change Search Box Text in Windows 10 How to Change Search Box Text in Windows 10 Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. Starting with Windows 10 build 14946, you can change or remove the default Type here to search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change type here to search box transparent