Windows 10: Change Cortana's Accent

Discus and support Change Cortana's Accent in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, just upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise today. I am a fan of the Halo, so I am a bit disappointed that Cortana has a different voice for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielDC88, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Change Cortana's Accent

Hello all, just upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise today. I am a fan of the Halo, so I am a bit disappointed that Cortana has a different voice for me in the UK than the one in the US (which is the same voice actor as the one in the game).

Does anyone know how I might change her voice to the US one? I must stress that I don't want to change my language to 'American' as this will wind me up with incorrect spellings, but also affect the quality of Cortana's voice recognition and cause issues for regional services.

Thanks!

:)

DanielDC88, Jul 28, 2015

2. how can i change Cortana's voice to a man's voice

hello,

I would like to change my cortana's voice to a male. I can see where I can change the accent but not the voice. It would be so much better if I could change the sex of Cortana!

CraigSpector-Howell, Jul 28, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    how can i change Cortana's voice to a man's voice

Did you not read the post you replied to?

JimWynne, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Change Cortana's Accent

For a more western feeling you could try Installing from:
    Start, settings, system, apps and features, manage optional features, add a feature,
    English (US) text-to-speech

Fafhrd, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by "western feeling," but I just want Cortana to sound like Cortana from Halo, like she does in the US.
    Anyway, that feature is already installed, but so is the UK one. Selecting manage on the US one does nothing, but the UK one brings me to the language settings. If I change the spoken language to American (which I don't really want to do as it will reduce the accuracy of the speech), I get an error telling me Cortana isn't available in my region.

DanielDC88, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Maybe at some point in the future it'll be possible. There are loads of feedback requests for this option.

Mimizuku no Lew, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Surely it's possible now?

DanielDC88, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change Cortana's Accent

1. Change Cortana's Accent - Similar Threads - Change Cortana's Accent

2. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  3. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  4. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana's Accent

in Cortana
    Cortana's Accent: Even though my default language is English United States, Cortana keeps talking with a british accent. Is there any way to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortanas-accent/e746b0ec-f4e1-4acc-bb4f-0d2bd3661d89
  6. Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg?

in Cortana
    Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg?: Wales is a separate country from England. We have our own dialects and accents of English and we have our own language. It is annoying to hear the English voice misprounounce Welsh place names. The issue of the lack of Welsh native language is another!...
  7. Accent colors changing

Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  8. Change Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Cortana?: Hi, I thought it would be funny if I could change Cortana (voice control) on my HP Probook, e.g. that I could think of my own questions and answers, and then when I ask the question Cortana gives the answer I wrote down on her "notebook". Are there specific apps for this or...
  9. change cortana

in Cortana
    change cortana: Why am I being forced to use the name Cortana? Is there a way I can change it to a name I like and can remember. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-cortana/e32aba7b-2027-4987-9a18-4e1644c92616"
  10. How to change accent color?

How to change accent color?: Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you change cortanas accent

2. how do i change cortanas accent

3. Search the web for how to change cortanas accent