Windows 10: Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows

Discus and support Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows How to Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Siegfriedm, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows

How to: Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows

How to Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows

A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications.

For example: Linux

This tutorial will show you how to change the cursor size in a console window (ex: command prompt, PowerShell, Linux) for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note The cursor shape you set for a console window will only be applied to the specific console window shortcut that opened it.

For example, command prompt opened via Win+X menu VS Run (Win+R) dialog. Each location would have its own settings.

EXAMPLE: Available cursor sizes in a console window

Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open a Linux console window you want to change the default cursor size of.

*note You could also just directly right click on the console window shortcut or file, click/tap on Properties, and go to step 3 below.

2. Right click or press and hold on the title bar of the console window, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Options tab, select (dot) the Small, Medium, or Large Cursor Size you want, and click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the console window if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Siegfriedm, Mar 3, 2016

2. CANT CHANGE MOUSE CURSOR

Hi Stan,

We suggest that you try the steps provided by Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    link
    on how to change the mouse cursor in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Change size of virtual keyboard keys (Ease of Access)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To increase the size of the On-screen keyboard, follow the steps below:

• Open on-screen keyboard.
    • Place the mouse cursor to the edges of the keyboard window.
    • It will change the cursor symbol to double arrow.
    • Click and drag the mouse to resize the keyboard window.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10  

I'm on the same build. So we don't have it yet.

OldGuyFromCdn, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Roboyt0 Win User
    Window Size for GPU-Z

I don't know if anyone has suggested this before, but it would be rather convenient to add adjusting the size of the GPU-Z window. It would be especially convenient for viewing the whole sensors tab and taking screenshots of it.

Roboyt0, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows

1. Change Cursor Size for Console Window in Windows - Similar Threads - Change Cursor Size

2. How to change the pen cursor size in WhiteBoard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the pen cursor size in WhiteBoard?: I am visually impaired and have my mouse pointer set to a large size with inverted colors. Yet, when I open Microsoft WhiteNoard to use my pen and tablet, the curser shrinks into a dot so tiny I cant find it on the screen to know where I'm writing. How can I make it larger?...
  3. Font size changes when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changes when moving cursor: I installed an update of WIndows a week ago and I had to modify a few things to keep folders and other things as I want. But a new problem is occurring regularly when I move my cursor (using a touch pad) across a window on the screen. Sometimes the size of the text in the...
  4. Cursor size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor size: Can one change the size of the winking cursor on a text document? I'm using Libre Office, and sometimes find it hard to see when I'm editing and looking up and down from the document....
  5. Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10 The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows. Have you ever had an issue finding the text cursor in the middle of a large...
  6. Change Cursor Color of Console Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cursor Color of Console Window in Windows 10: How to: Change Cursor Color of Console Window in Windows 10 How to Change Cursor Color of Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux Starting with Windows 10 build...
  7. Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10: How to: Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10 How to Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux Starting with Windows 10 build...
  8. Change Default Console Window Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Console Window Size in Windows: How to: Change Default Console Window Size in Windows How to Change Default Console Window Size in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux This tutorial will show you how to change the...
  9. Change Console Window Font and Font Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Console Window Font and Font Size in Windows: How to: Change Console Window Font and Font Size in Windows How to Change Console Window Font and Font Size in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux This tutorial will show you how...
  10. change Windows 10 drag files (icon/cursor size)

in Windows 10 Support
    change Windows 10 drag files (icon/cursor size): When I drag a file to move to a folder in Windows 10, the icon that shows is so large that it hides the folder name. I want to know how can I re-size the icon that shows, or remove it altogether? (I tried the Folder Option "always show icons and not thumbnails, but its not...