Windows 10: Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 How to Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10

How to: Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10

How to Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10

Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all your devices.

Movies & TV brings you the latest entertainment in one app on Windows. On your PC and Windows Mobile, the app lets you play and manage videos from your personal collection. On all your devices, you can use the app to browse and play movies and TV shows you’ve purchased from the Store.

When you sign in to the Movies & TV app and purchase content from the Store, the device you signed in from will be automatically added as one of your download devices.

You can download purchased content to up to five devices and redownload the content as many times as you like. Rentals can only be played on the device on which they were purchased. If you have reached the limit of five devices, you’ll need to remove one of the devices before you will be able to download on another device.

The default download location for your purchased movies and TV shows is your %UserProfile\Videos folder.

This tutorial will show you how to change the storage location of where new Movies & TV content is downloaded by default for your account in Windows 10.

Note If you change the default download storage location for new Movies & TV content, it will not move any existing content to the new location.

If you change the default download storage location for new Movies & TV content, it will also change the default save location of the Videos library to be the same as this new location.

Here's How:

1. Open the Movies & TV app.

Note If you like, you could also open Change where new content is saved.

2. Click/tap on the More options (3 dots) button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Modify your storage settings link under Download location. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Change where new content is saved link under More storage settings on the right side. (see screenshot below)

5. Select the drive where you want New movies and TV shows will save to. (see screenshot below)

Note The default location is This PC (CChange Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 :).

6. Click/tap on Apply to change the location. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Settings and the Movies & TV app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 1, 2017
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2019
  3. cpmusic Win User
    Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?

Oh...of course. I didn't think to look there, because when I opened Settings in the Movies & TV app, it showed C: as the default download location (it still does for pictures, music, etc.). However, it seems that since I set up Windows to default videos to D:\Videos (on my data drive) when I built the computer, the app was already dropping downloads there in a subfolder called MOVIES. It would have been nice if that were made clear in the Movies & TV app, but that's the way it goes, I guess.

Thank you for your quick and patient reply.

cpmusic, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Photo Viewer default download storage location

Since you wanted to change the default location of your Microsoft Photo Viewer to another drive, we suggest that you try to check on the link below first:

Storage Spaces in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Default Download

2. Changing default storage locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default storage locations: Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to...
  3. Changing default storage location and reverting back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default storage location and reverting back: Hi, I just got a newly PC installed with Windows 10 Pro. I changed some default locations for storing documents, videos, music etc. to point to another drive instead of C. This is working fine. Then I also changed the default storage location of new applications and...
  4. Movies & TV | Changing the default '30 second skip' to 10 seconds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV | Changing the default '30 second skip' to 10 seconds?: There is another thread asking this same question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skipping-in-windows-movies-and-tv-app-in-windows/95e9a885-0ae9-42a1-b47d-42f2b42a8f1d And this was the answer to the question to the thread that's now closed: I wanted...
  5. Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV: So there is no sound in Windows Movies & TV (or Windows Media Player), however there IS sound in other players like VLC. That was one issue that bothered me in 2 weeks now. Until I found a solution. Next to the Speaker icon, there is another icon with some settings for...
  6. Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all your...
  7. Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all...
  8. Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place,...
  9. Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all...
  10. Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows,...