Windows 10: Change default "Programs Files" location during Windows Installation

Discus and support Change default "Programs Files" location during Windows Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was wondering if it were possible while performing a new installation of Windows to not only change the default location of your "User Account "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrWizard516, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Change default "Programs Files" location during Windows Installation

I was wondering if it were possible while performing a new installation of Windows to not only change the default location of your "User Account " folders but also to change the default location of your "Programs Files and Program Files (x86)" folders? If so please point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance.

:)

MrWizard516, Jul 15, 2017

2. " NOKIA X2 " How to Hide Files (Photos/Videos) from Gallery view..??

hi .. i hav found one trick by which we can hide all photos and videos/mp3 from gallery.

m using this ith my nokia c3 . very nice privacy trick.

Best Way To Hide Files Folders in Nokia s40 Symbian OS

rockpop989, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer is "Working on it..."

When I opened File Explorer it said "working on it..." then shut down. Another forum suggested changing the default opening location from "Quick Access" to this "This PC". To do this open File Explorer from the start menu. For me it opened at "This PC"
    and stayed open. I went to options, changed the default location to "This PC" and it works.

MartinOlney, Jul 15, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Change default "Programs Files" location during Windows Installation

I don't do it but as a start kindly describe your HDDs and/or SSDs and how they are partitioned. I think [based upon what I don't see in your System specs] is that what you want to do can't be done using removable drives as Windows and Windows-based programs rely on static locations and removable drives can't provide that.

Berton, Jul 16, 2017
  5. Actually I have 5 HD's 1 Intel 250gb SSD, 1 Samsung 500gb SSD, 3 Seagate 1tb standard HD's. What I want to do is reformat my system and install just Windows on my 250gb, User accounts and software on my 500gb, and leave my standard HD's for basic storage and backup.

MrWizard516, Jul 16, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    What I see being done, and I've done it, is to get Windows installed such as on a 32GB Tablet with an 64GB MicroSDXC card and other computers with a 2 partition drive such as my 150GB/780GB split 1TB HDD. Then with Windows running there is a procedure to Move Folders such as Documents, Music, Pictures, etc., to a different partition usually because of more room. I believe I recall there is a tutorial for that in the Tutorial section of this Forum. I've not seen the choices to do it during installation of Windows such as on the 2 I just did over the weekend.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Change default "Programs Files" location during Windows Installation

1. Change default "Programs Files" location during Windows Installation - Similar Threads - Change default Programs

2. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  3. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  4. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Apps install by default to C:. How to change the default location for installing programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Apps install by default to C:. How to change the default location for installing programs.: 1. I change to D:. System->Storage->Where new content is saved didn't help2. D: driver is working. And i can install programs on it but only if installer allows you to choose where to put3 For example i try to install Google Chrome and it installed to C:\Program...
  6. New Apps install by default to C:. How to change the default location for installing programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Apps install by default to C:. How to change the default location for installing programs.: 1. I change do D:. System->Storage->Where new content is saved didn't help2. D: driver is working. And i can install programs on it but only if installer allows you to choose where to put3 For example i try to install Google Chrome and it installed to C:\Program...
  7. Is there a way to change the location of installed programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the location of installed programs?: So... I'll try to keep it short. I put a caddy on my laptop (for who doesn't know what that means, I sacrificed my dvd-rom for more disk space), and I put in a 250gb (not the precise number) SSD in my main slot. I was planning on cloning the older 700gb (same) HD onto my...
  8. Change Default Installation Location?

Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  9. Changing default install location

Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...
  10. Change default program files location to drive other than C?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change default program files location to drive other than C?: There is the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion but changing the location in there, doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have a relatively small SSD and I can not install everything to my C drive. I appreciate anyone's help. 13628