Windows 10: Change default size of newly opened windows?

Discus and support Change default size of newly opened windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was wondering if theres a way to change how and where new apps open? Say i open a new window of My Computer, it automatically opens in a small box in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blarg, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Blarg Win User

Change default size of newly opened windows?

I was wondering if theres a way to change how and where new apps open? Say i open a new window of My Computer, it automatically opens in a small box in the left side of my screen. I would prefer it automatically open taking up half of the display. Is this possible?

:)

Blarg, Feb 3, 2016

2. thumb nail or icons changes to default on its own

The size of the thumb nail or the icons changes to its default size on its own. I open the file explorer then change its size to large and again opening another folder and when i go back to it, the sizes are returned to default or reverted. If i close the
    window and again open it the same thing happens.

And also the the recent apps in the start up menu also keep disappearing.

Simorize Thapa Magar, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Craios125 Win User
    How to change the default keyboard language without changing display language (Win 10 x64)

Heya.

Recently, I have changed my computer's display language to Russian. Unfortunately, the default keyboard language is also Russian now. So when I try to type something in a newly opened window, it types in Russian by default.

Is there any way to keep the system language Russian, but change the keyboard default to English?

Thanks!

Craios125, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @Blarg welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

You can, but you need to disable 'Snapping' in Settings/System/Multitasking first, then manually size the window and close it, then it will re-open as you closed it, (pertains to the last windows closed)
    However, it's just as easy, if not easier to 'Snap' them to half as you need by grabbing the window header and moving it all the way to edge of the screen.

Edwin, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Blarg Win User
    I appreciate the reply, i was just hoping there was a way to get them to open in a more organized fashion then randomly in the kind of center upper left corner. If i turn off snap, do it manually, then turn snap back on will it keep it shape? I just dont like it opening in such a random spot. Thanks in advance!*Smile

Blarg, Feb 3, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    They don't snap randomly; if done properly, they're exact halves or quarters:

Change default size of newly opened windows? [​IMG]

Change default size of newly opened windows? [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 3, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    I don't use windows a lot in the way most people do ,usually just serving the net ,and few other things ,and recently I started using task view and multiple desktops, just a couple of clicks and I go to what ever one of the app I want to use ,,,my task view icon in next to search on the taskbar ,just mentioning that as I'm not sure if that default

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change default size of newly opened windows? - Similar Threads - Change default size

2. Change default window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default window size: I would like Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to reopen with the same window size it was closed. Currently Windows Media Player always opens with the window size almost maximised fullscreen but not quite, a few millimetres smaller than the screen. This is despite me...
  3. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  4. How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you create a new folder, Windows 10 OS by default names it “New […] This article How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?: Similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/how-do-i-change-the-default-file-explorer-view-to/4dad9764-dcab-420d-bd4e-99301e037be2 The most common advice is go to View > Folder Options > View tab > Apply to Folders, but that...
  6. CMD default opening size is tiny

CMD default opening size is tiny: Hey all When I try open my command prompt it opens up very small, see for reference: [ATTACH] I have gone into the command prompt's default properties and changed the dimensions to what I want it to open to but it still opens up as a tiny box. This is doubly frustrating...
  7. Change default font size in Windows 10

Change default font size in Windows 10: How do I change the font size in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-font-size-in-windows-10/e644cabf-1c1a-40b4-8c7a-dadc6abe5595
  8. Change default font size in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Change default font size in Mail: May have been asked before..but any solution? Thanks 94510
  9. Changing the default paper size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing the default paper size: How do you change the default paper size from letter to A4. ALL the paper I buy in the UK is A4 and the letter size, although only slightly out, throws out my formatting, particularly when I do a mail merge or print a document with a header or footer. Again, Help. 56550
  10. Change Default Console Window Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Console Window Size in Windows: How to: Change Default Console Window Size in Windows How to Change Default Console Window Size in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux This tutorial will show you how to change the...