Windows 10: change default view to list for each and every folder

Discus and support change default view to list for each and every folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I change the default view to list for every folder even those on a usb thumb drive. It seems to revert back to detail view *Sad 25570 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greenfx, Oct 7, 2015.

1. greenfx Win User

change default view to list for each and every folder

How do I change the default view to list for every folder even those on a usb thumb drive.
    It seems to revert back to detail view *Sad

:)

greenfx, Oct 7, 2015

2. Is there a way to change the default Windows 10 File Explorer layout view, regardless of content type

When using Windows 10 File explorer to open directories, folders and sub-folders, the default layout view changes depending on the file content type in the folders.

Music, Pictures, Videos, application files etc...

The majority of default view is Large Icons. I always have to manually change them to 'Details'

When I manually change the view of a specific folder to 'Details', Windows seems to remember that as a preference because the next time I open that same folder, it retains the last layout view I used.

As I cannot change the layout view manually for each and every folder,

How can I change the default layout view for every existing folder and every newly created folder to open in a 'Details' layout view.

**moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & Personalization.

Chuck_Bytes, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Setting Up A Custom Default Folder View For ALL New Folders

Windows 10 - Setting Up A Custom Default Folder View For ALL New Folders

We would like to set up a default folder view and then have every new folder created open with that default folder view.

Each time we need to create a new folder:

1...right click on an empty space on desktop and select new folder,

2...open folder view,

3...select details view,

4...manually remove columns one by one in the details view that we do not need,

5...right click on the column titles and select "more...",

6...navigate the long list of column titles and add all the columns that we do need.

We create millions of folders and have to setup each new folder's view manually, every time. We would like to set-up a default folder view enabling every new folder created to open with the custom default folder view we have created. With the obvious benefit
    of lowering the steps it takes to create a new folder with the folder view customized setting already in place from six down to just one.

Have I over looked a setting in Folder view options or is this not something that is possible yet in windows 10?

In advance I thank you for any insight, tips or tricks you may be able to provide.

Thanks change default view to list for each and every folder :)

47.4theMiX, Oct 7, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

1. change default view to list for each and every folder - Similar Threads - change default view

2. Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View": I was wondering if there was a way to change the size of "tiles" in Windows 10? Not the start menu tiles but the tiles that are displayed under the "View" option for files and folders. I'd only want to be doing this specifically for the "My PC" folder in file explorer as I...
  3. Universal reg edit to for every folder to default to detailed view?

Universal reg edit to for every folder to default to detailed view?: I have tried various scripts to for windows to always display every folder to detail view. Is there such a registry edit that can accomplish this? It seems no matter what I do it always reverts back to icon display whenever an image or video is added to a folder. 143079
  4. default View LIST in search folder

default View LIST in search folder: how to default View LIST in search folder ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-view-list-in-search-folder/58d196f6-f2bd-4de9-ac02-b93cf7b63026
  5. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  6. Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting: I am Using Windows 10 PRO I want to change the Folder VIEW OPTION To a NEW DEFAULT SETTING. Currently now when I open up a folder, It sorts and displays the contents by Name and Ascending Refer to Image 1 This Image 1 is The DEFAULT View I get All the File are scattered...
  7. Default Folder Views

Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  8. How to change default Folder View of Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default Folder View of Search Results: Hello, After installing an update a few days ago I am encountering a number of extremely annoying issues I didn't previously have. Whenever I use the Search Box in the File Explorer, it almost always displays the results using the "Content" view. If I switch it to my...
  9. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521