Windows 10: Change Desktop Icon Fonts?

Discus and support Change Desktop Icon Fonts? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. It took a while but I finally was able to install Windows 10. My question now is, is there is a way to change the desktop icon fonts (name,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Golfjunky, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Golfjunky Win User

Change Desktop Icon Fonts?

Hello. It took a while but I finally was able to install Windows 10. My question now is, is there is a way to change the desktop icon fonts (name, size, bold, italic)? I right clicked on the desktop but couldn't find anything about fonts.

:)

Golfjunky, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Changing Desktop Icons

Different photo editor or file-converting apps have different ways on converting a specific image from one format to another. To isolate the cause of the issue, try using a .jpeg image, and convert it to .ico, see if it would still have the black background.

Keep us posted.

Mark Isi, Aug 6, 2015
  3. DixieLynn Win User
    Changing Desktop Icons

I have a Windows 10 HP 250 G5

This question concerns changing desktop icons.

Heretofore, on other windows versions, I was able to change desktop icons to personalized pictures via paint>save as>BMP picture>and then adding .ico at the end of the picture name. After that, of course, change icon in the settings of the shortcut. This
    has never been a problem. Even now I am able to do it, BUT with one problem. The colors change something fierce! The photo on the right is what it SHOULD look like. The photo on the left is what it becomes after I'm done. Seriously? WHY MICROSOFT? "IF" you
    can answer this question, it would be a big help.

Change Desktop Icon Fonts? [​IMG]

EDIT: It's not JUST this photo. I've tried another photo as well. Again, the one on the right is what it SHOULD be. As opposed to the ugly thing on the left.

Change Desktop Icon Fonts? [​IMG]

DixieLynn, Aug 6, 2015
  4. tperk100 Win User

I just installed Win 10. I can go to Control Panel, Fonts, Change Font Size, and then change font text size for desktop icons, menus, etc..

tperk100, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Change Desktop Icon Fonts? - Similar Threads - Change Desktop Icon

2. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font on desktop icons: For some reason the icon labels on my desktop now look more like Windows 7. It looks like double vision and hard to read. Any time I search for a remedy for this question the results are "if you want to change your display to look more like Windows 7" and you have Windows 10....
  3. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font on desktop icons: For some reason the icon labels on my desktop now look more like Windows 7. It looks like double vision and hard to read. Any time I search for a remedy for this question the results are "if you want to change your display to look more like Windows 7" and you have Windows 10....
  4. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icon font style changed

Desktop icon font style changed: the desktop icon font has changed for all different users after a recent update, to a shadow font. How can I change back to a regular font. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-style-changed/b2244411-a5e5-4125-89bb-978678da33dd
  6. change the font on my desktop icons

change the font on my desktop icons: how to change the font on my desktop icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-font-on-my-desktop-icons/fbba04a9-9683-466b-9e22-8542981ca846
  7. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  8. Change Desktop Icon Fonts

Change Desktop Icon Fonts: I want to change the fonts displayed on desktop icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-icon-fonts/ffff2c5e-8d4a-4201-89ba-8a4aef7fab0a
  9. Change Desktop icon font color

Change Desktop icon font color: I've tried the changing background to Orange, etc and it doesn't work for me. Somewhere, it was mentioned about changing to orange then changing back. Followed the procedure and it didn't work.Would like to change to black. Pete 78333
  10. How to change the Desktop Icon Font

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the Desktop Icon Font: I recently got a huge Windows 10 update and now I can't change my desktop icon font. The menu option was actually removed from Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, but there was a registry way to do it, that seems to no longer work [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\IconFont] -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adjust text on taskbar