Windows 10: Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition

Discus and support Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under 1703 I had the Desktop Icon text set to something slightly larger or bolder than the default 'out of box' font. . When I installed 1709 the fonts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Nov 12, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition

Under 1703 I had the Desktop Icon text set to something slightly larger or bolder than the default 'out of box' font. . When I installed 1709 the fonts reverted to the default. My tired old eyes need something bigger and/or bolder but I don't remember how I did it earlier and can't find directions on how to do it under 1709. I use medium Icons and I don't want to go to larger ones because it messes up my icon arrangement.

I will appreciate any help in getting the fonts bigger or preferably made bold.

BTW, I've updated 2 of my 3 machines using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. Each installed and continue to run flawlessly except for the above quirk.
    ''

:)

JJG10, Nov 12, 2017

2. Where is Advanced sizing of text in windows10 new creators update?

Where is Advanced sizing of text in windows 10 new creators update?

How do we change text size on desktop icons?

HP Envy m7-n101 Laptop, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Control Panel "Display" option not available after upgrade to 1703

I'm running 'Creator' and I see control panel in shell:AppsFolder, but I do not see "Display" Icon in the Control Panel (or in the shell:AppsFolder). Pre 'Creator' That Icon took you to where you could change the size of the TEXT under Desktop Icons (and
    other TEXT). See this article: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10. Looks like possibly the best solution I have found so far, (hope it is safe). Note article says "option 1 is no longer available starting
    with build 15019".

Mighty Tiger, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 12, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thanks again, Brink.

But, underOption 1, 1709's Control Panel doesn't have a Display item that I can find. Has it been moved to somewhere else?I

I am not quite comfortable yet messing around with the registry under a system that appears to be working just fine *Smile so I will delay Option 2 until it is necessary.

JJG10, Nov 12, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, you'll need to use option 2 for that one. Option 1 was removed since build 15019. I only left the option in case someone is still running a build that old.

No need to mess around with the registry. The downloadable .reg files will do all the work for you. You may need to test a few different sizes until you find one that looks best to you.

Brink, Nov 12, 2017
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Perfect!

I chose the default/bold and it was just what I wanted.

Thanks again.

JJG10, Nov 12, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition - Similar Threads - Change Desktop Icon

2. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  3. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  4. Desktop icons changed size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed size?: I had my desktop really nice and organised, all the icons were the default size and such. however i took my pc with me on holiday and plugged it into an external TV which in turn changed all my icons around and it changed their size . i thought it would be fine as when i...
  5. Changing the size of desktop icons

Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  6. ICON text size etc after Creator update

ICON text size etc after Creator update: How to I change various text sizes and make bold in the new update? Used to be in Display Prop. but I can not find it now. 81895
  7. Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed: Fall Creator edition is definitely on my machine. All the new elements I'm aware of are there, (including the new folder protection, see separate thread) it says version 1709 in the settings But Windows Update is still trying to install it. It downloads, then comes up with...
  8. Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition: I did a clean install (deleted all partitions) and having a strange problem...When I download a program and try to install it, the UAC comes up and warns me that "YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS PREVENTED YOU FROM INSTALLING THIS APPLICATION"... It won't let me install anything...I...
  9. Outlined text under desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlined text under desktop icons: Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks. [img] 95463
  10. Creators Update build 15063 (Desktop Icon Size Change Bug)

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update build 15063 (Desktop Icon Size Change Bug): Hi, If you set your desktop icons to medium and adjust them 1 size smaller with CTRL + Mouse Scroll. Then refresh your desktop the icons on the left hand side of the screen move down and to the right. Is there any fix for this? 81942