Windows 10: Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine

Discus and support Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine How to Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine

How to: Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine

How to Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine [​IMG]
    Information The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include the Hyper-V virtualization technology. Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems can be used and managed just as if they were physical computer systems, however they exist in virtualized and isolated environment. Special software called a hypervisor manages access between the virtual systems and the physical hardware resources. Virtualization enables quick deployment of computer systems, a way to quickly restore systems to a previously known good state, and the ability to migrate systems between physical hosts.

Starting with scaling and set it to 100, 125, 150 or 200 – whichever matches your preference.

This tutorial will show you how to change the Zoom Level of a Hyper-V virtual machine to override its default display scaling (DPI) in Windows 10.

Note Starting with Windows 10 build 14965, Microsoft fixed an issue where depending on the zoom level selected, the VM window might not be created large enough to avoid scrollbars, despite their being enough space for it. Microsoft also updated the logic so that when you pick a particular zoom level, that zoom level preference will be preserved for the next VM connection. Along the way, Microsoft fixed an issue where the title bar of a maximized VM window would be occluded when taskbar had been set to on top.

Here's How:

1. While you have a Hyper-V virtual machine running, click/tap on View in the menu bar, click/tap on Zoom Level, and select 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% for the display scaling you want for the virtual machine.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 17, 2017
  2. SarahKong Win User

Hyper-V Virtual Machine not recognised

The folder where your VM is do you see a .vhd file?

Here is a great article step by step on how to import VM into hyper-v.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/conte...

SarahKong, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Pauli O Win User
    Hyper V Import Virtual Machine

There is separate default folders for Virtual Machines and Virtual Hard Disks

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V

This folder contains all settings for each Virtual machines.

Have you changed that folder?

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks

This folder contains only virtual disks. On your case it's changed to E:\HyperV\...

When you want import VM you need to search it from that first location.

You can check this location from Hyper-V settings.

If you can't import existing VM's you can create 3 new Virtual Machines.

When creating those select option Use existing Virtual Disk and point disks from E:\HyperV\...

Pauli O, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine

Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Mark St..., Oct 26, 2019
  6. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine

1. Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - Change Display Scaling

2. Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!: [ATTACH]If you have installed Windows 11 in Hyper-V, but the virtual machine is very slow to start, here are some tweaks that might speed it up. Although several things are responsible for this slowness, these common changes might be handy for you. Whether you have installed...
  3. Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi all, I'm running Ubuntu 19.04 in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It's configured to use Hyper-V's "Default Switch" network adapter, but for some reason, the VM doesn't seem to get internet access. My computer is connected to the Internet (both through Wi-Fi and Ethernet). I've...
  4. Hyper V- Virtual Machine Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper V- Virtual Machine Error: While starting the Vistual Machine i am facing the below error shown in Event Viewer. Plz Help me out to resolve this problem. License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0x8007232B Command-line arguments:...
  5. Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine: Suddenly, Hyper V would not connect to any Virtual Machine using the Virtual Machine Connection. I trying creating new VMs and nothing worked. I am using Windows 10 Education....
  6. Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines: How to: Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines Running Windows on a virtual machine can naturally never be as fast as same version of Windows on same computer running on physical hardware. However, by tweaking virtual machine settings, you can greatly impact the speed and...
  7. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  8. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...
  9. Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Import Hyper-V Virtual Machines Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical...
  10. Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows: How to: Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows How to Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 8 and 10 [img] Note There's nothing wrong in running the Hyper-V Manager and launch your virtual machines from there. However, creating a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperv virtual machine connection zoom