Windows 10: Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows

Discus and support Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Google Chrome Default Download Folder Location in Windows [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows

How to: Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows

How to Change Google Chrome Default Download Folder Location in Windows

Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows [​IMG]
    Information By default, Google Chrome downloads to the %UserProfile%\Downloads folder for your account.

If you like, you can choose a location on your computer where downloads should be saved by default or pick a specific destination for each download.

This tutorial will show you how to change the default download folder location in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Note If you like, you could also enter chrome://settings into the address bar and press Enter to open settings for Chrome.

3. Click/tap on the Show advanced settings link at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

4. Under Downloads settings, click/tap on the Change button to the right of Download location. (see screenshot below)

5. Browse to and select the folder (ex: "Desktop") you want to be the default download location, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

6. Check or uncheck (default) the Ask where to save each file before downloading box for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Note Uncheck = Chrome will instantly download the file to your default download folder location.

Check = Chrome will open a Save As dialog at your default download folder location, but you can browse to any location to save the file to.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 31, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows - Similar Threads - Change Download Folder

2. Can't change downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change downloads folder location: I reinstalled Windows 11 and I changed the location of my Downloads folder to OneDrive. I meant to changed it to OneDrive/Downloads, but mistakenly set it to my OneDrive. I am now unable to change the location in the Properties. Is there an alternative method?...
  3. Can't change downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change downloads folder location: I reinstalled Windows 11 and I changed the location of my Downloads folder to OneDrive. I meant to changed it to OneDrive/Downloads, but mistakenly set it to my OneDrive. I am now unable to change the location in the Properties. Is there an alternative method?...
  4. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  5. changing the location of the downloads folder?

changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  6. google chrome download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    google chrome download: Is there a google chrome app download in the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-download/5b4fb292-2493-4ea0-a047-441a8154bbc7
  7. Changing downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing downloads folder location: I accidentally changed my downloads folder location to D:\ partition. I want to change it to a folder called DOWNLOADZ_NEW in D:\ partition, how do I do it? I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. (build 18363.628) This is how the downloads folder looks like in the left side...
  8. Trouble downloading Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble downloading Google Chrome: Trying top set up a new Surface Go. Want to download Google Chrome and make this my primary browser but Windows messages keep getting in the way. Any ideas??...
  9. How to change install location for program such as Google Chrome?

How to change install location for program such as Google Chrome?: Hi everyone, I just joined this forum and love it thus far. I'm hoping to get some information and answers in regards to my dilemma. I recently installed Windows 10 on an SSD and have an HDD for extra storage. My question is if I can change the location of installing...
  10. Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows When you click/tap on the Home button [img] in Google Chrome, it'll take you to your homepage. You can set your Home button. This tutorial will show you how...