Windows 10: Change file/folder permission to machine/user only

Discus and support Change file/folder permission to machine/user only in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a way to make take ownership change file/folder permission to machine/user while getting rid of old and or corrupted information? Just... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ZippyDSMlee, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Change file/folder permission to machine/user only

Is there a way to make take ownership change file/folder permission to machine/user while getting rid of old and or corrupted information?

Just something that came to mind when I was fooling with format/reinstalling windose again. I dunno if its something to be aware of or not but knowing windose it might be a bad thing if it gets to cluttered with iffy info.

And is there a way to change system file/folder permission's to the new install? Sometimes something goes wonky and I have nothing but problems from folders deep within programdata/windows/appdata not wanting to allow an installer to put stuff in there.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Jul 4, 2016
  2. Duncan Og Win User

Windows 10 Touch Keyboard way to small

Basically copying the files TabTip.exe and tipskins.dll from a 1703 build into a 1709 build should do the trick. You will need admin rights to solve this

On the 1703 build machine. - Open folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink - Make a backup copy of TabTip.exe and tipskins.dll and copy them to a USB drive.

On the 1709 build machine. - Open folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink - On these two files in the folder above: TabTip.exe, tipskins.dll ... a. Open Security Permissions. b. Change Ownership of files from TrustedInstaller to your local
    user account. c. Close & Re-open the Permissions window. d. Change Permission for Administrators Group (or add permission for your local account) Giving FULL permission to your User or Group. - Open TaskManager and END the TabTip.exe process. - Copy the
    files from the USB device over the files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink folder. - (It might be possible that you need to rename the original files before you can copy the new ones)

Duncan Og, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Getting all permissions

I sometimes have permissions problems when trying to access folders and/or files on my machines, usually ones created automatically through other applications (in my case, Visual Studio 2015). I am the only user of these machines, so I know all the passwords,
    I just need to figure out how to change the security settings. I want to have full access to all files, folders, and everything else, and I would also like this to be true for any files and folders created by other applications. Some of the machines use Windows
    7, and some use Windows 10, but as I said, I am the only user, so I know all the passwords. What can I do to give myself access to all files & folders? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski, Jul 4, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Change file/folder permission to machine/user only

philc43, Jul 5, 2016
  5. I can already do that , my question is more dose it matter how many user permissions are on a file/folder? I have been using the take ownership thing for years and some of my archives I worry if they are okay with all that old info on them.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change file/folder permission to machine/user only

1. Change file/folder permission to machine/user only - Similar Threads - Change file folder

2. Standard users are able to change permissions in AppData folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Standard users are able to change permissions in AppData folder: Why is this possible, and how do I fix it?My goal was to block internet browsers from being accessible. I 'disabled inheritance' and removed the standard user, but within security settings they are able to still add their user name back and easily gain access...Can anyone...
  3. Granting user permission on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  4. Changing folder permissions

Changing folder permissions: Hi, I have run into a problem when trying to run a neural network on jupyter notebook. This network ran on a mac previously but I have moved it to windows because I would like to use a GPU to allow for more efficiency. The problem involves it accessing the folders containing...
  5. Granting permission to network user to change files.

Granting permission to network user to change files.: Hello there, Would you please help me to grant a permission for another computer( which is connected via network ) to change files. Thanks Ilhom...
  6. Changing file permission for other user not working

Changing file permission for other user not working: I am trying to set a file to read only on a user account but after setting the for the user to read only he still has full control of the file !! These are the steps I have done; 1. Copied file to X:\Users\Test User\Documents 2. Right Click file > Properties...
  7. Restore user permissions for user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  8. Restore user permissions for user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  9. User's Files folder name changed to"Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Files folder name changed to"Folders": User's files folder name(In my case its 'Dev') suddenly changed to "Folders". Whatever new account I create it still shows the home folder as "Folders". Pls help..Its really annoying.My brother used the laptop and accidently installed some malware and adware which i just...
  10. Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders: How to: Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders How to Change Permission Level of Shared OneDrive Files and Folders You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change permissions on machine

2. change permission on a folder on machine windows