Windows 10: Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app How to Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

The Mail app now supports increased density, giving users a choice over how much information is displayed on screen:
    • 26% more emails in multi-line mode
    • 84% more emails in single-line mode
    Users can choose to have a spacious, medium, or compact folder and message spacing density in the Mail app.

This tutorial will show you how to change the folder and message spacing density to be spacious, medium, or compact in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Personalization in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

3. In the Personalization settings, select (dot) Spacious, Medium, or Compact for the Folder and message spacing density you want. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 27, 2017
  2. Helmut Win User
    Helmut, Oct 27, 2019
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
  4. Brink Win User

Hello Leo @LEOPEVA64, *Smile

Only this tutorial for spacing density so far, but yeah it's the same feature.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Paola Gar Win User
    Windows 10 mail app crash when emptying folder

Hi,

In order for us to identify the reason why Windows 10 Mail app is crashing when emptying a folder, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What happens when you try emptying a different folder? Does the same issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest emptying a folder in Windows 10 Mail app using the steps provided in the article below and then check if the same issue will persist:

How do I empty a folder in Mail for Windows 10?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Oct 27, 2019
  6. vallero Win User
    cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Folder and Message Spacing Density in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Change Folder Message

2. Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem: This problem started about a week ago. This problem is happening on my desktop computer and a Surface Pro X. The desktop was updated to win 2004 about a week ago but the Surface is still version 1909. I use the Windows 10 mail application. I have two gmail accounts and a...
  3. Option to adjust display density in Mail+Calendar does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to adjust display density in Mail+Calendar does not exist: There is a new option to adjust the calendar and mail display density, in the personalization section of the settings. However, this doesn't exist in my app, which as far as I can tell is up to date (version 16005.11901.20184.0). How to get this setting?...
  4. Default Message Font in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Message Font in Windows 10 Mail app: Because of my small screen (10.2") I set the default font for the mail app (using Window 10 Home v. 1903, completely up-to-date as of July 30) at 12-point. However, when I start to prepare a new mail message, it always goes back to 11-point, EVEN THOUGH THE DEFAULT FONT...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message: Suddenly, a message simply won't open so I can read it. I can see the collapsed form, with the first line of each of several messages that make up the conversation trail, but not the body of the email....
  6. Windows 10 Mail app Message Text Overlapping

Windows 10 Mail app Message Text Overlapping: I have set up a gmailaccount in the windows 10 mail app. When I go to view emails in my inbox the text is often overlapping making it impossible to read. Any possible fixes or solutions?...
  7. Windows Mail App in WIndows 10 - Copy a message to another folder

Windows Mail App in WIndows 10 - Copy a message to another folder: Currently I have multiple email accounts within the Windows Mail App. I am unable to find any copy feature within the app. How do I copy (not move) an email from one account to another - this feature was available in Live Mail as a right mouse click...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app gets new Fluent Design density elements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app gets new Fluent Design density elements: Microsoft at its Build 2018 revealed that it is working on bringing new Fluent Design elements to some of its core application in Windows 10. OneNote application is expected to be the first application to be getting the new Fluent Design elements. Today the company announced...
  9. Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages

in Browsers and Email
    Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages: How can I move location of messages in windows 10 mail app form the default location on drive C: to drive d: ? Walter 97741
  10. Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most....