Windows 10: change folder icon does not work on win10

Discus and support change folder icon does not work on win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried changing icon on my desktop icons , when I right click on folder properties and then click on customize then change icon, then browse... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lopov, Aug 10, 2015.

1. lopov Win User

change folder icon does not work on win10

I tried changing icon on my desktop icons , when I right click on folder properties and then click on customize then change icon, then browse... I chose the icon I want that folder to look like, click ok apply - ok, the folder icon does not change, any help would be appreciated.

:)

lopov, Aug 10, 2015

2. The "change icon" bug

For anybody who hasn't seen the back-and-forth on this bug, it involved changing the icon on a desktop folder containing shortcuts to a collection of Win10 utilities. The systems to be madly in love with the Control Panel icon and absolutely refuses to
    let it be changed. This bug is more than annoying; it's infuriating in its stubborn refusal to let the icon be changed.

Is anybody working fixing this thing?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Aug 10, 2015
  3. l_turn9 Win User
    Preview pane not working for documents in windows 10

Have tried this repeatedly but it does not help. In addition to the Preview not working, I am unable to change the screen view - I usually set it on Details but often scroll through the Large Icons, Small Icons, or Extra Lg Icons but all the choices are
    greyed out and I am unable to change them. BTW, when I said this problem started after I upgraded win10, this was not a upgrade from Win 7 or 8 to Win10. It was a upgrade to the Win10 Home that came with my laptop.\

Thanks,

Larry

l_turn9, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

change folder icon does not work on win10

1. change folder icon does not work on win10 - Similar Threads - change folder icon

2. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show: Windows 10 Pro.I right-clicked a Win 10 Desktop folder named "Email", selected properties, clicked "Change icon", browsed to a folder on the desktop I created to hold downloaded icons and assigned a downloaded icon to the desktop folder. Got no error, but the icon does not...
  5. Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show: Windows 10 Pro.I right-clicked a Win 10 Desktop folder named "Email", selected properties, clicked "Change icon", browsed to a folder on the desktop I created to hold downloaded icons and assigned a downloaded icon to the desktop folder. Got no error, but the icon does not...
  6. Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Changing Default Icons in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Default Icons in Win10: How do you change the default icons that are used by Windows 10? Search results have been pretty muddy. This just doesn't seem like it should be this difficult. I'm mostly interested in folders and file types (mp3, mp4, pdf, etc.) Btw, I've been changing icons individually...
  8. If I change a network folder icon, does it change for all?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I change a network folder icon, does it change for all?: Hello, I am looking to change the icons of a folder in a shared network for myself. I do not want the custom icons to be visible for anyone else. If I update the icon, will that propagate to everyone? If so, is there a way to change the icon only for myself?...
  9. Change folder icon

Change folder icon: Hi, I wrote a batch script to set a custom icon to folders: ECHO [.ShellClassInfo]>%1\desktop.in_ ECHO IconResource=C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dll,22>>%1\desktop.in_ move %1\desktop.in_ %1\desktop.ini attrib +S +H %1\desktop.ini The desktop.ini it produces is...
  10. Change live folder icons and all other folder icons in Win10 Pro

Change live folder icons and all other folder icons in Win10 Pro: I've been tinkering with the look of my whole system recently. I didn't like the default theme or the folder icons. Now with the help of SevenForums article How to change default folder icons: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...lder-icon.html. It was a very handy article...