Windows 10: Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

Discus and support Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am Using Windows 10 PRO I want to change the Folder VIEW OPTION To a NEW DEFAULT SETTING. Currently now when I open up a folder, It sorts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john32068, Jul 16, 2018.

1. john32068 Win User

Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

I am Using Windows 10 PRO

I want to change the Folder VIEW OPTION To a NEW DEFAULT SETTING.
    Currently now when I open up a folder,
    It sorts and displays the contents by
    Name and Ascending
    Refer to Image 1
    This Image 1 is The DEFAULT View I get
    All the File are scattered about not organized

I want to change the view to open and view the contents by
    TYPE and ASCENDING
    Refer to image 2
    So that every time I open a folder I don't have to click the view option and change it to
    TYPE and Ascending

:)

john32068, Jul 16, 2018

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

I swear i saw this somewhere

It's not what you think, tools > folder options > view.
    That's for existing folders only , i need to change the default view setting for when you create a new folder !

I already applied the Win7 Full Row Mod

RuskiSnajper, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

Windows 10 Change default on file view

Sorry but following the steps that you describe applied to the documents folder did not appear to change the views from details to list in any subfolders which were already set to 'Detail'.

Nor did this change of default view appear with addition of New folder or a subfolder of New folder.

CarletonGarrett, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

1. Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting - Similar Threads - Change Folder View

2. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  3. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  4. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  6. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  7. Setting Folder View Defaults

8. Change folder view options

Change folder view options: Hi. I want to permanently change the folder view options but what I want to do isn't available under the "Options" & "View" dialogue box. I would like to have the following columns in all my folders every time I open them: Name - Date Modified - Size - Path. That's all. The...
  9. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  10. Setting default sorting options for folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default sorting options for folders?: Is there a way to set a default sorting method for files in folders (by sorting I mean whether files in folders are sorted by date, name or whatever)? When I change the settings through the right click menu it only applies to the folder I'm in at the moment. 77345