Windows 10: Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10 How to Change the Registry Editor Font in Windows 10 System configuration information is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by f14tomcat, Oct 12, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10

How to: Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10

How to Change the Registry Editor Font in Windows 10

System configuration information is stored centrally in a hierarchical database called the registry. You can use Registry Editor to add and edit registry keys and values, restore the registry from a backup or to default values, and to import or export keys for reference or backup.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14942, you can manually change the font used by Registry Editor to any font you have installed in Windows.

This tutorial will show you how to change the Registry Editor font for only your account or all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Font in Registry Editor for Only Current User
    • Option Two: To Change Font in Registry Editor for All Users
    • Option Three: To Restore Default Font in Registry Editor for All Users

EXAMPLE: Registry Editor font

Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Font in Registry Editor for Only Current User
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. In Registry Editor, click/tap on View (menu bar), and click/tap on Font. (see screenshot below)

3. Select the Font, Font style, and Size you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The default font settings for Registry Editor is shown in the screenshot below.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Font in Registry Editor for All Users
    *note You must be signed in as an administrator to use this option.
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3. Navigate to the registry key location below in Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Regedit

Note The Regedit key is not there by default unless you already added it.

To add the Regedit key, right click or press and hold on the CurrentVersion key, click/tap on New, click/tap on Key, type Regedit, and press Enter.

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file below to have the Regedit key and FontFace string value added for you. This way you will only have to modify the FontFace string value afterwards for the font name you want.

*Arrow Change_Registry_Editor_font.reg

4. In the right pane of the Regedit key, double click/tap on the FontFace string value to modify it. (see screenshot above)

Note The FontFace string value is not there by default unless you already added it.

To add the FontFace string value, right click or press and hold on an empty space in the right pane of the Regedit key, click/tap on New, click/tap on String Value, type FontFace, and press Enter.

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file below to have the Regedit key and FontFace string value added for you. This way you will only have to modify the FontFace string value afterwards for the font name you want.

*Arrow Change_Registry_Editor_font.reg

5. Type the name of the font (ex: "Segoe UI Bold") you want to use, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Note To see your available fonts and their names:

A) Open the C:\Windows\Font folder.

B) You can click/tap on a font family (ex: "Segoe UI") to open it and see the individual font names (ex: "Segoe UI Bold") in the family.

6. Close and reopen Registry Editor to apply and see the change.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Restore Default Font in Registry Editor for All Users
    *note You must be signed in as an administrator to use this option.

2. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3. Navigate to the registry key location below in Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Regedit

4. Right click or press and hold on the Regedit key, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot above)

5. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

6. Close and reopen Registry Editor to apply and see the change.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

f14tomcat, Oct 12, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

how do i put the same font on all print on this computer including the icon names

You can not change the default font settings in W10 via any normal setting app, it can only be changed using the Registry Editor, details link below; changing registry items can lead to hazardous results if not done correctly, read & understand instruction,
    if not confident, do not attempt.

How to Change Default Text Font in Windows 10

I have also include instruction relating to size of fonts, if required;

How to Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10

Shilohbob, Oct 12, 2016
  3. When will be able to change the font (NOT RE-SIZE) the Fonts in Windows 10...!!?? Or can this now be done...!?

Hello Andy,

As of the moment, there's no built-in setting in Windows 10 that can change its default font.

There is a way to change the default fonts using the Registry Editor. However, we do not support this kind of change to your Windows 10 PC because it can compromise your PC to the point where it can't be used unless a clean install is performed.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Devlin Sco, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

A recommendation from a " Windows Themer":
    Users need to be very careful of their choice of fonts, as some font sets do not include all needed font characters, specially custom downloaded fonts, such as Zekton, Skull, and so on.

Cliff S, Oct 12, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Good idea Dick @f14tomcat. I added a .reg file in OPTION ONE to make it easier.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Font Registry

2. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing userpath in Registry Editor: Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to...
  3. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing userpath in Registry Editor: Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to...
  4. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows registry editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows registry editor: Hello everyone, I'm having a very annoying problem with my nvidia virtual memory/windows registry. I decided to try to increase my dedicated video memory so I went to my windows registry and selected the local h key machine, and then software, there was a Nvidia drop down, I...
  6. Windows registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows registry editor: Hello everyone, I'm having a very annoying problem with my nvidia virtual memory/windows registry. I decided to try to increase my dedicated video memory so I went to my windows registry and selected the local h key machine, and then software, there was a Nvidia drop down, I...
  7. Windows Registry Editor

Windows Registry Editor: Hello Sir,I just accidently deleted a file named 'Policies' in my Windows Registry Editor'Policies' file is located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ExplorerPlzzz help...
  8. registry editor menu has changed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    registry editor menu has changed: When I open 'regedit' in 'run' the usual HKEY>list does not appear. The left side pane shows only HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT followed by a long alphabetized list of coded words which is gibberish to me. This is not the way registry editor previously displayed when set to run'. What...
  9. Windows 10 Registry Editor

Windows 10 Registry Editor: I have a problem, in Registry Editor I have modified target for exe files "%1"%* now I cannot open any exe file, i cannot run cmd nor registry editor what should I do to fix this?...
  10. Windows 10 Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Registry Editor: I have created registry to personalise fonts style Given below but when i applied its says "You can only import binary registry files from within the resistry editor". what is the issue? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI...