Windows 10: Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. [img] The handwriting panel allows you to write in it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

How to: Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The layout.

The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, you can now change the font that your handwriting converts to in the handwriting panel.

This tutorial will show you how to change the font of the handwriting input panel for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Settings
    • Option Two: Change Font of Handwriting Panel using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Fonts for Handwriting Panel

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and select the Segoe UI, Segoe Print, or Segoe Script font you want in the Change the font of the handwriting experience drop menu on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Font of Handwriting Panel using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7

LatinFontName string value

Segoe UI = Segoe UI
    Segoe Print = Segoe Print
    Segoe Script = Segoe Script

1. Do step 2 (Segoe UI), step 3 (Segoe Print), or step 4 (Segoe Script) below for which font you want.

2. To Change Handwriting Panel Font to Segoe UI
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Use_Segoe-UI_font_for_Handwriting_Panel.reg

Download

3. To Change Handwriting Panel Font to Segoe Print
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Use_Segoe-Print_font_for_Handwriting_Panel.reg

Download

4. To Change Handwriting Panel Font to Segoe Script

Use_Segoe-Script_font_for_Handwriting_Panel.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  2. Lauren313 Win User

How to change the display font in the handwriting panel

I have been trying to figure out how to change the font that handwriting converts to in the handwriting panel. Everything online shows that it is clearly indicating in the settings for Pen and Windows Ink in Windows 10 but my system doesn't show those options,
    only whether I can write in the handwriting panel with my finger, whether to show the handwriting panel when not in tablet mode, and teaching the system to learn your handwriting. No font or size option anywhere that I can see.

Additionally, there are times that the panel seems to insert the same text into my document repeatedly and I can't figure out what is triggering that. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Lauren

Lauren313, Oct 26, 2019
  3. How to change the display font in the handwriting panel

Hello Lauren,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this handwriting panel issue you're experiencing. For us isolate and gather additional information regarding this, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start experiencing that the panel seems to insert the same text into your document?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot of your Pen & Windows Ink settings?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you're tried so far?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot Stop Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service

Hi ThePawnHater,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're unable to stop Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. To efficiently assist you, I'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot cannot stop Touch Keyboard and Handwriting
    Panel Service.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you perform the instruction shared by
    halcyonone on this thread about disabling Handwriting Panel in Windows

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 26, 2019
  5. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Disable Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

So, I've solved my problem, though I suspect my solution is not what Microsoft had in mind. This won't work for actual tablet users that are using the touch keyboard but not the handwriting panel. I am using a PC with a wacom and this solution turned
    off the handwriting panel that was so annoying.

• start
    • settings
    • search "services "
    • view local services
    • when the box pops up that shows all the services, look for the service labeled Touch keyboard and handwriting panel
    • click on it and right click, change the setting to manual, then select stop to stop the service
    you can start it again whenever you like

halcyonone, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Font Handwriting

2. How to open handwriting panel in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open handwriting panel in windows 11: Hi,I have HP Specter touch screen laptop I want to use HP MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen on tablet mode when i touch by pen on search bar every time touch screen keyboard open for typing but i want to write on handwriting panel on search bar. i don't know how can i open handwriting panel....
  3. How to open Handwriting Panel in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open Handwriting Panel in Windows 11: Hi,I recently purchase HP Spectre touch screen windows 11 Laptop. I want to know how to open Handwriting Panel if i want to use pen. Please help me.Thanks & Regards...
  4. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  5. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  6. Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handwriting panel: The handwriting panel either disappears, or what ever am an trying to write on disappears if I rest my hand on the screen to write. I don't see any palm reject settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handwriting-panel/cc4a1e0e-a035-4b74-9573-1b0840d93819
  7. opening handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening handwriting panel: how does one open the handwriting panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-handwriting-panel/059f5c5d-63a0-4920-9424-e75e6c38c5a9
  8. 1703 Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1703 Handwriting panel: Just wanted to know if I can get the Windows 10 1709 handwriting panel on Windows 1703 as I am using a Thinkpad 2 running the atom processor which has been ditched by Microsoft? I cant deal with having to tap the space bar button when I reach the end of the panel. Thank you...
  9. Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10: How to: Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. [img] The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app. Starting with font size that your handwriting...
  10. Turn On or Off Embedded Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Embedded Handwriting Panel in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Embedded Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app. Starting with Windows 10 build 17074, users get to...