Windows 10: Change font size in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Change font size in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In Windows explorer the fonts (text) are very small and I want to change the size / enlarge them. While searching for a solution, I found right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Change font size in Windows Explorer

Hello,
    In Windows explorer the fonts (text) are very small and I want to change the size / enlarge them. While searching for a solution, I found right on this forum this "changing the system font size in windows explorer Solved - Windows 10 Forums". Following the instructions, could not find the settings as described there.
    Attached here two screenshots of Control panel all items, and Display settings.
    If I try to enlarge the display to 125% it enlarges the icons on the screen but there is no visible change in font size.
    It happens on my new pc with window 10 pro 1709 upgrade.
    Is there some way how to solve this problem ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Apr 2, 2018
  2. haolekook Win User

how to make font size larger in file explorer...

So... Here I am again. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the font size larger in windows 10 FILE EXPLORER?

Not the "advanced display setting" change. I am talking specifically about FILE EXPLORER. Changing the font size of text in title bars, menus, etc. has no effect on FILE EXPLORER.

The text or font size in left and right panes are too small. I need the font size to be bigger. Is that possible? If not from windows or file explorer settings, then maybe an add-on? And if windows does not provide the functionality to change font size,
    does anyone know of an alternative app that does?

Not the "large icon" setting. I am talking specifically about the font size, not the icons.

Thank you.

haolekook, Apr 2, 2018
  3. charonjr Win User
    Windows 10 font size change INSIDE EXPLORER.exe WINDOWS

Winaero Tweeker font size changes all fonts, just like normal Windows 10 does. Just looking for font size within Windows Explorer aka File Explorer. Guess, time to go into the Registry.

charonjr, Apr 2, 2018
Thema:

Change font size in Windows Explorer

1. Change font size in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Change font size

2. Font size changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changed: I received an email which was shrunk very small so one page was about 1.5 by 1.5. I worked with print sizes until I could get thepage larger and could be read.............but!!!!! that changed the font size in Outlook until I can only read one email at a time. I...
  3. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  4. Fonts changing size.

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts changing size.: l have this problem where the fonts go from a normal size to a very tiny size. This happens when l use the mouse wheel to scroll,everything gets smaller and smaller. lt also affects all the icon's as well as the fonts and its changing as lm typing this. Currently l am using...
  5. change font size

change font size: change font size and color in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-size/96cdf9c7-dc71-445a-8a0b-dc8fcc98b2ee
  6. Change windows file explorer font size in list view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change windows file explorer font size in list view: I am visually impaired. I prefer using Mac because I can make my cursor size a lot larger than I can on my PC. I have both a Mac and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro. I have looked this question up and they say that I should go to settings>System>Display they...
  7. changing font size in file explorer, windows 10

changing font size in file explorer, windows 10: How do I change the font size in File Explorer, using window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-size-in-file-explorer-windows-10/5eab0483-a430-4de1-a5ba-9956ddbeedd7
  8. changing font size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing font size: How do I change font size in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-size/b48f5575-1b2c-4aef-8fea-32c55c76312a
  9. Changing font size

Changing font size: Not sure how it happened but I think my cat stepped on the Windows key and somehow changed the font size. I have checked my resolution and it is at recommended size. Can't seem to get it back to normal size, it is kind of small now. I read that it might be hard to return to...
  10. changing the system font size in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    changing the system font size in windows explorer: Hello, Just wondered if anybody knows how you change the size of the font in windows explorer, I do not wish to increase/decrease the screen's overall DPI. anybody else having the same problem. Thanks Sam 33163

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer font size

2. Winaero change font size explorer