Windows 10: Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. [img] The handwriting panel allows you to write in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

How to: Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The layout.

The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app.

Starting with font size that your handwriting converts to from the handwriting panel.

This tutorial will show you how to change the font size for converted text from the handwriting input panel for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Settings
    • Option Two: Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and select the Small, Medium (default), or Large font size you want in the second drop menu under Change the font of the handwriting experience on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen

HandwritingFontSize DWORD

0 = Small
    1 = Medium
    2 = Large

1. Do step 2 (Small), step 3 (Medium), or step 4 (Large) below for which font size you want.

2. To Change Handwriting Panel Font Size to Small
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Handwriting_Panel_Small_font_size.reg

Download

3. To Change Handwriting Panel Font Size to Medium
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Handwriting_Panel_Medium_font_size.reg

Download

4. To Change Handwriting Panel Font Size to Large

Handwriting_Panel_Large_font_size.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 20, 2017
  2. Lauren313 Win User

How to change the display font in the handwriting panel

I have been trying to figure out how to change the font that handwriting converts to in the handwriting panel. Everything online shows that it is clearly indicating in the settings for Pen and Windows Ink in Windows 10 but my system doesn't show those options,
    only whether I can write in the handwriting panel with my finger, whether to show the handwriting panel when not in tablet mode, and teaching the system to learn your handwriting. No font or size option anywhere that I can see.

Additionally, there are times that the panel seems to insert the same text into my document repeatedly and I can't figure out what is triggering that. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Lauren

Lauren313, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to change the display font in the handwriting panel

Hello Lauren,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this handwriting panel issue you're experiencing. For us isolate and gather additional information regarding this, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start experiencing that the panel seems to insert the same text into your document?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot of your Pen & Windows Ink settings?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you're tried so far?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 27, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 27, 2019
  5. SusanZy Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Arul_D Win User
    can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Font Size

2. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  3. Font size changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changed: I received an email which was shrunk very small so one page was about 1.5 by 1.5. I worked with print sizes until I could get thepage larger and could be read.............but!!!!! that changed the font size in Outlook until I can only read one email at a time. I...
  4. Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handwriting panel: The handwriting panel either disappears, or what ever am an trying to write on disappears if I rest my hand on the screen to write. I don't see any palm reject settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handwriting-panel/cc4a1e0e-a035-4b74-9573-1b0840d93819
  5. Windows 10 change font size?

Windows 10 change font size?: Is there a way to change the size of the font in menus and dialog bokes in Win 10 itself. I have used the "slider" in systems but it does nothing to change the size of type in windows. I talking about the type/font inside a right click on the desk-top. Sag...
  6. Fonts changing size.

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts changing size.: l have this problem where the fonts go from a normal size to a very tiny size. This happens when l use the mouse wheel to scroll,everything gets smaller and smaller. lt also affects all the icon's as well as the fonts and its changing as lm typing this. Currently l am using...
  7. change font size

change font size: change font size and color in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-size/96cdf9c7-dc71-445a-8a0b-dc8fcc98b2ee
  8. changing font size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing font size: How do I change font size in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-size/b48f5575-1b2c-4aef-8fea-32c55c76312a
  9. Changing font size

Changing font size: Not sure how it happened but I think my cat stepped on the Windows key and somehow changed the font size. I have checked my resolution and it is at recommended size. Can't seem to get it back to normal size, it is kind of small now. I read that it might be hard to return to...
  10. Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10: How to: Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. [img] The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app. Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, you can now change...