Windows 10: Change fonts

Discus and support Change fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Where is the option to change the fonts for your icon, menu's etc... don't want to change size or colour just type. Thanks 14639 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by malleybo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. malleybo Win User

Change fonts

Hi,

Where is the option to change the fonts for your icon, menu's etc... don't want to change size or colour just type.

Thanks

:)

malleybo, Aug 8, 2015

2. Nokia E72 Font Folder Not Viewing

There is a font changing application on Ovi Store called Flip Font. It allows you to change the fonts on your phone. However although the application itself is free, the fonts are not,. There are three trial fonts bundled with the app.

chanchan05, Aug 8, 2015
  3. JLP7000 Win User
    Tab Font Issues

Well, the thing that troubles me is... when I open an Internet browser, like Chrome or Firefox, the font in the tabs and address look plain and thin, and I want to change it. And when I open an app or a video file, the tab font looks the same as the tab
    font in Chrome or Firefox, and I definitely need to change that, too.

So, when I look for ways to change the tab fonts, but all I see is how to change the font size, and that's what I don't want. Specifically, what I want is to change the font type. For example, I would like to change the font from "Arial" to "Tahoma". That
    kind of thing. And I would like to change only the tab fonts and not, I mean NOT, the web fonts.

Is there any possible way I could do just that?

JLP7000, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Lange666 Win User

Change fonts

Lange666, Aug 8, 2015
  5. malleybo Win User
    malleybo, Aug 8, 2015
  6. RonCFL Win User
    Same here Bro .
    KKK .. I have already rolled back to w8.1 ..

RonCFL, Aug 8, 2015
  7. you can thank the hipster idiots at Microsoft for really "listening" to what people want in an operating system and don't worry I feel your pain, among countless others that simply cannot tell the difference between an active and inactive Window. Some 10 fanbois go as far as to call it "nitpicking" but honestly its not, its a simple basic feature that should be available to all. Hopefully the idiots at Microsoft will put this feature back in. What would help is if you report feedback in your W10 feedback to Microsoft search for color title bars or customization and keep spamming them and tell your friends.

Right now, this is the only work around to get color titlebars, but to let you know in advance it changes the text to black unfortunately, which you cannot change. So pick a lighter color so you can at lease read your Windows. Good luck.

Color of Window Borders and Title Bars - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015
  8. davis49 Win User

Change fonts

It's somewhat limited, but you CAN change the SIZE of some system fonts
    In Windows 10:
    Go to Start/Settings
    Click on "System, Display, notifications, apps, power"
    In the window that opens, make sure the overall DPI size slider is set to the "xxx% (Recommended)" setting. Unfortunately you cannot change both the overall DPI and the font sizes. It's a one-or-the-other deal.
    If you moved the slider, you will need to sign out of your account and log back on for the change to take affect, then come back to this page

Once the slider is at the Recommended DPI for your monitor, click on "Advanced display settings" at bottom of this page
    In the "Advanced display settings" window, scroll down to the "Advanced sizing of text and other items", and click on it
    The window that opens has a section titled "Change only the text size"
    Under that you will find a drop down menu that gives you the ability to change the size and whether or not to make each one bold typeface or leave as regular

Use the dropdown menu to select what you want to change, then use the other dropdown menu to set the item to the size you want to use. Check the box if you want it to be Bold.
    Do this for each item you want to change.

After you've made all the changes you want, click on Apply. You may have to sign out and back on for these to take effect. If they do not show up, come back to this window and see if your sizes are now showing up in the dropdown items menu. If they are listed here to what you changed them to, and you don't see them where you thought you should; you'll need to do a full restart. If you do not see your settings, repeat making your changes again. Make sure you click on Apply and then Restart your system (do the full Restart not just sign off account)

Hope this gives you at least some of what you want. You still cannot change the basic font size in the File Explorer windows (when viewing items in Detail view and some app context menus) without editing the registry.

As mentioned you can make some additional changes to the overall fonts by editing the registry. If you want to make these additional changes you can go to this link for help. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-517521a8502e Make sure you backup your registry before you start editing, and be VERY careful. You can really muck up your system if you do something wrong with the registry.

davis49, Aug 12, 2015
  9. tperk100 Win User
    I just installed Win 10. I can go to Control Panel, Fonts, Change Font Size, and then change font text size for desktop icons, menus, etc..

tperk100, Sep 25, 2015
  10. cruitbuck Win User
    I did this by changing the Icon font size. Display Settings >> Advanced display settings >> Advanced sizing of text and other items

Under Change only the text size (the clue is in the title. Icons means filename.)

Select Icons from the drop down and change the font size.

You should see a Please wait... screen while the changes are being processed.

cruitbuck, Feb 16, 2016
  11. Lange666 Win User
    The original question was about changing the font itself, not the font size....*Think

Lange666, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change fonts

1. Change fonts - Similar Threads - Change fonts

2. Dialog box font changed Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialog box font changed Windows 11: The default system font is normal/legible and I have no problem with it as of now. The dialog boxes however show some funky font and I don't know what I have done for it to happen. I have tried looking for similar issues and fixes to rectify it but nothing works. The text...
  3. Dialog box font changed Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dialog box font changed Windows 11: The default system font is normal/legible and I have no problem with it as of now. The dialog boxes however show some funky font and I don't know what I have done for it to happen. I have tried looking for similar issues and fixes to rectify it but nothing works. The text...
  4. Font changed after QA screen share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font changed after QA screen share: Font changed after QA screen shareSteps tried:PC restartfont is same it is not bold or crisp as per userwindows updatedremoved display driverpc restartdownloaded graphics driver from HP websitepc restarttested by changing Refresh rate, screen resolution, screen zoomuser still...
  5. Font changed after QA screen share

Font changed after QA screen share: Font changed after QA screen shareSteps tried:PC restartfont is same it is not bold or crisp as per userwindows updatedremoved display driverpc restartdownloaded graphics driver from HP websitepc restarttested by changing Refresh rate, screen resolution, screen zoomuser still...
  6. Font changed after QA screen share

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to change font height in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change font height in windows explorer: Hi all,I would like to know if it's possible to change the font height of the file and folder names in Windows Explorer, and if so, how to do it. Google doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about.Graham...
  8. How to change font height in windows explorer

How to change font height in windows explorer: Hi all,I would like to know if it's possible to change the font height of the file and folder names in Windows Explorer, and if so, how to do it. Google doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about.Graham...
  9. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-my-font-changed-into-the-marlett-font-is/aa1af508-fe4e-4adf-85f1-a36ab391104b
  10. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

in Windows 10 Customization
    somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-my-font-changed-into-the-marlett-font-is/aa1af508-fe4e-4adf-85f1-a36ab391104b