Windows 10: Change from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Change from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This is my first post. I have retired from a university and no longer qualify for Windows 7 Enterprise or its upgrade to Windows 10;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillSki, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BillSki Win User

Change from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Hello everyone,
    This is my first post. I have retired from a university and no longer qualify for Windows 7 Enterprise or its upgrade to Windows 10; so I will be purchasing Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I have read a few posts and am now not sure how to proceed. I would be grateful for any help.
    My PC details are:
    Windows Enterprise 7 32 bit
    Motherboard ASUS P5K Premium Black Pearl
    64 bit Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 : 2.83GHz
    DDR2 Memory 4GB (3GB Usable with 32 bit)
    2 x PNY Quadro FX1700B Graphics cards
    I want to make a Windows 10 Professional 'clean install', formatting a 1TB drive if necessary. The drive will be used for only the OS if possible. Some programs do not give the option to place them anywhere but the OS drive.
    I would like to use a USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Professional, which, in the UK, will be supplied by only Amazon at the moment.
    The motherboard does not support UEFI. Maybe the firmware can be upgraded.
    I have read that I cannot simply insert the USB flash drive into the PC and expect it to install the OS. If that is the case I would be most grateful for a detailed installation procedure.
    Thank you. Best Regards, Bill

:)

BillSki, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Home fresh install blue screens, Windows program failure and 3rd party program crashes.

I'm 99% certain I never upgraded from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 Enterprise or replaced it. I upgraded Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro and no further upgrades were made.

I borrowed the USB installation media for Windows 7 Enterprise quite some time ago, from which I eventually upgraded to Win10 Pro, which at the time was a free upgrade if I'm not mistaken. Nothing about it was "dubious" so to speak. It was a registered version
    of Windows 7 Enterprise and later Windows 10 Pro.

My recently purchased (earlier this week) of Windows 10 Home was store bought from a trusted reseller, the installation of which was the starting point of all of these problems.

jesper ojala, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Will I be able to update to windows 10 pro for free from Windows 7?

yes there is a windows 10 pro and windows 7 pro will automatically update to windows 10 pro.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Windows 72

From Edition
    To Edition

Windows 7 Starter
    Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Home Basic

Windows 7 Home Premium

Windows 7 Professional
    Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows 83

From Edition
    To Edition

Windows Phone 8.15
    Windows 10 Mobile

Windows 8.14
    Windows 10 Home

Windows 8.1 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro

Windows 8.1 Pro for Students

“N” and “KN” editions follow the upgrade path of the parent edition (e.g., Windows 7 Professional N upgrades to Windows 10 Pro N).

Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer.

Martmcd, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Change from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Change Enterprise Pro

2. Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro: [ATTACH] I have a weird issue going on. I build machines using SCCM OSD. We use a KMS server for activation. Over time, there are many instances where the version goes from Enterprise to Pro. THen it will change back. And it can flip flop over time:...
  3. Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset: On one of our laptops, after reset, the Win version became Enterprise. I learned that we are supposed to use the Generic pro key to change it back to Pro but it didn't let me. What should we do in this case? The PC originally was on Win8 Pro and then upgraded to Win10 Pro...
  4. Change from Windows enterprise to Windows 10 pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change from Windows enterprise to Windows 10 pro: My earlier company had given a laptop with Windows enterprise. I've left that company and now I want to shift from Windows enterprise to Windows pro or home with a new digital licence from MS....
  5. Change from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Change from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: I have been using an enterprise license of Wiundows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 for some time now. I am no longer associated with the organizaton that holds the enterprise license. I do, however, have a valid Windows 7 key from a computer that I have since scrapped. Can I...
  6. Change Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Change Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: Hello Everyone, I got an HP Probook 440 G4 from my University Manipal Institue of Technology, Manipal, India after joining the campus. It came preinstalled with Windows 10 Enterprise Edition and required me to connect to University Wifi every 180 days to preserve my...
  7. Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation

Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation: I just upgraded from Windows 7 enterprise to Windows 10 enterprise and can't activate it. How do I get a digital liscence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-7-enterprise-to-10-enterprise/d10b9b2b-2d9d-4111-b8f8-485b514f7554"
  8. Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise: My computer has Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. After I ran Windows Update and 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4505903) was installed, Windows Settings states "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows now. After unsuccessfully trying...
  9. Windows 7 Ultimate -> Windows 10 Pro -> ??? -> Windows 10 Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Ultimate -> Windows 10 Pro -> ??? -> Windows 10 Enterprise?: I originally had Windows 7 ultimate on my computer prior to the free upgrade, and then I was moved to Windows 10 Pro. Yet somehow I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise now, and the computer keeps asking me to activate it. What is happening??...
  10. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? 48354