Windows 10: Change Homepage in Firefox

Discus and support Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Homepage in Firefox How to Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows The homepage in Firefox is what you see when you open Firefox,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Homepage in Firefox

How to: Change Homepage in Firefox

How to Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows

The homepage in Firefox is what you see when you open Firefox, open new windows, or click/tap on the Home button
    Change Homepage in Firefox [​IMG]
    in Firefox.

You can select to have your homepage be Firefox Home (default), blank page, or custom URL(s).

This tutorial will show you how to change the homepage in Firefox for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: "Firefox Home (default)", "blank page", and "custom URL" as homepage

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Firefox Homepage by Drag and Drop
    1. Open Firefox.

2. Open a tab to the webpage (ex: "https://www.tenforums.com") you want to use as your homepage.
    3. Drag and drop this tab onto the Home button
    . (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Firefox Homepage in Options
    1. Open Firefox.
    2. Click/tap on the Menu button
    , and click/tap on Options. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could copy and paste aboutChange Homepage in Firefox :preferences#home into the address bar of Firefox and press Enter instead.

3. Click/tap on Home in the left side, and do step 4 (default), step 5 (blank), or step 6 (custom URL(s)) below for what you would like to use as your homepage.

4. To Use "Firefox Home (Default)" as your Homepage
    A) Select step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Use "Blank Page" as your Homepage
    A) Select Blank Page in the drop menu for Homepage and new windows, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Use "Custom URL(s)" as your Homepage
    A) Select Custom URLs in the drop menu for Homepage and new windows. (see screenshot below)

B) Perform an action below for what you want to do:
    1) Enter a single URL (ex: "https://www.tenforums.com") you want to use as the homepage.

2) Open each webpage you want to use as the homepage in a separate tab, and click/tap on Use Current Page or Use Current Pages button. The Options tab will not be used as your homepage.

3) Click/tap on the Use Bookmark button, and select a bookmark to be your homepage. If you choose a folder, all bookmarks in that folder will be the homepage and open in separate tabs.
    C) Go to step 7 below.

7. You can now close the Options tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 19, 2018

2. Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

Hi everyone,
    I am experiencing issues with changing my homepage in Mozilla Firefox. (It's Windows 10 btw, the newest). I have followed all the steps on the google help website as well as the firefox website and the windows 10 website, but every time I close and open up firefox again it always goes back to the original homepage, which was my school's website that I'm simple tired of seeing. I think google would make a better homepage because it is more attractive than the school page, and it is also more efficient as I do not have to type in google.com when I want to search for something. Any constructive help is appreciated.

oreomonster999, Oct 27, 2019
  3. CmmTch Win User
    Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

Most likely this is the case and you won't be able to change the homepage to anything else permanently without Admin rights. Maybe not even then depending on how it's configured.

To set a homepage in Firefox, in the menu bar (top left of a Firefox window) click tools > options, on the page that opens select Home in the menu on the left. In the Homepage and new windows field click the down arrow and highlight Custom URLs... then either type, or cut and paste the URL you want as the homepage. See the snip below:

CmmTch, Oct 27, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing.
    I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found.
    Is there a setting inside Windows 10 that prohibits the homepage from being changed?
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

DrPepper, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 27, 2019
  6. why cant i change my homepage..

first things first, use firefox

and try setting it's homepage

maybe you have something that only attacks ie, and firefox is safer anyways

do that first

i_am_mustang_man, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Homepage in Firefox - Similar Threads - Change Homepage Firefox

2. was there a recent change to My MSN homepage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    was there a recent change to My MSN homepage?: I got on my PC in the morning a few days ago and my MSN homepage format was a jumbled mess. I've tried to change it back but with no luck. I then tried searching to see if others had the same issue and I found none. So did something change, and if so, how do I change MY MSN...
  3. Abrupt MSN Homepage change on Iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Abrupt MSN Homepage change on Iphone: Don't know exactly what's going on but the whole format of my MSN Homepage changed again overnight all by itself just like it did a few months ago! WTH? I spent a boatload of time talking with both Verizon & Microsoft trying to fix it then & it miraculously fixed itself...Is...
  4. Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage: Hi everyone, I am experiencing issues with changing my homepage in Mozilla Firefox. (It's Windows 10 btw, the newest). I have followed all the steps on the google help website as well as the firefox website and the windows 10 website, but every time I close and open up...
  5. Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage: How do I stop Microsoft from spamming my Firefox opening homepage with: Try Edge and this URL: "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10"?...
  6. change homepage in edge

in Browsers and Email
    change homepage in edge: I changed it last December when I first go 10, now I want to change it again and all it change is the start page. I have gone to settings and change it several times, when I open edge the page I want is there, when I click on home button old page shows up 60274
  7. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage: For the past few days I have been constantly plagued by a problem with my Firefox Browser [ver 56.0 (64 bit)]. When I try to open Firefox, the follow page also opens up in addition to, and over the top of my usual "Homepage". I then need to click on the "Close" box to get...
  8. Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing: I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing. I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found. Is there a setting...
  9. Firefox Always Asks for Homepage Choice When Starting the Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Always Asks for Homepage Choice When Starting the Browser: Dell Inspiron 3656 Desktop Windows 10 Home AMD A10-8700 processor integrated chipset 8MB DDR3L RAM 1600 MHz SATA 2.5TB HD Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0 Realtek 5.1 hi def audio nVidia GeForce GT705 video card ================= Whenever I start my Mozilla...
  10. Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows When you click/tap on the Home button [img] in Google Chrome, it'll take you to your homepage. You can set your Home button. This tutorial will show you how...