Windows 10: Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10)

Discus and support Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My Windows 10 account is somehow tied to a hotmail account I don't remember creating. Is there any way I can turn it into a local account? I don't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10)

My Windows 10 account is somehow tied to a hotmail account I don't remember creating. Is there any way I can turn it into a local account? I don't really want it to be connected

:)

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 8, 2015
  2. JupanLT Win User

Cant change how to login from using input password to picture

I remember my password local account,

But i can't switch account hotmail to account local manually because i cant login with hotmail account in the first place, is theres any way to change to my Hotmail account to my local account without login first?

Or can i change my picture login because i just remember that, without reset anything ?

JupanLT, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Jagpsy Win User
    Cortana is available in laptopn running windows 10, but not PC with windows 10

Hi Jenith,

Thanks for taking your time and trying to help me. As pointed out by you, I was using the same hotmail account to sign into my PC as well as my laptop. I changed my PC account to local account changing the administrator one to a local account. Then updated
    windows, still couldn't get cortana to start. Says the region and language doesn't support, re checked and found them to be correct? Any other means to get it going?. In fact my PC was installed with windows 10 much earlier and had my hotmail account as microsoft
    account, while I got the laptop as new only recently. From day one after I signed in with the same hotmail account my laptop got Cortana going, during the time when my PC also had win 10 with same hotmail/ microsoft account running, I guess having same hotmail
    account may not be the case, since Microsoft themselves encourage to use the same account in multiple devices. But still tried your suggestion, but hasn't produced the result

Thanks

- Jag

Jagpsy, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Bitpusher Win User

Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10)

Go into All Settings and choose Accounts. Under the 'Your Account' menu you'll see an option on the right to 'Sign in with a local account instead' - choose this.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Bitpusher, Aug 8, 2015
  5. I searched on google and the forums and still managed to miss this. Feel like a bit of an idiot. Thanks!

GreyWasMyFriend, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10)

1. Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10) - Similar Threads - Change hotmail connected

2. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  3. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  4. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail account: I am getting termination notice addressed to user@hotmail. Due to no upgrade? Scam or not. By tapping a blue bar. No microsoft logo. Please inform as it says final notice to termination...
  5. Password for local account tied to hotmail logon account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password for local account tied to hotmail logon account?: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2 19042.844 Hello! Here's the context: Whenever I setup Windows 10 for the first time, I use my hotmail/Microsoft account to set everything up and to logon to Windows. Windows then creates a local profile/account that is tied to my hotmail account....
  6. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  7. hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail account: I cannot get into my Hotmail email account on the laptop or pc. I have no problem on my tablet. address and password is correct. Why is this? confused. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-account/52687057-d6ef-4447-8b31-cb573136143f"
  8. Local Account Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account Win 10: How to reset local account for Windows 10. I need help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-win-10/39739274-b704-4a44-8738-dc8776e317dc"
  9. My Hotmail account will not connect

in Browsers and Email
    My Hotmail account will not connect: When I first upgraded to Windows 10 I set up my gmail and hotmail accounts in the native Windows 10 email app. Both were working when I first set it up a long time ago. Quite a while ago now, though, the Hotmail account ceased to work. I tried looking online for the proper...
  10. Hotmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Hotmail account: My email address ends in @Hotmail.com.I receive emails with no problems,when I compose a new email or forward on emails,more times than not I get the error message "Can`t connect to Outlook please try later"with a CLOSE button. When I click CLOSE the message is "You are...