Windows 10: Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

While reading your messages in the Mail app, you can select to automatically mark an item as read when selection changes or when viewed in the reading pane after waiting a specified amount of seconds. If you like, you can also select to not automatically mark an item as read.

This tutorial will show you how to change how you want to automatically mark an item as read in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon at the bottom left, and click/tap on Reading pane in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

3. In the Reading pane flyout under Mark item as read, select (dot) When selection changes, Don't automatically mark item as read, or When viewed in the reading pane for when you want. (see screenshot below)

*note If you selected When viewed in the reading pane for when you want, then you will also need to specify how many Seconds to wait before automatically mark item as read.

Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 22, 2016

2. W10 Mail app not marking mail as read

I am running Windows 10 and am getting fond of it. I have a problem with the Mail app. It is using my gmail account and everything works pretty well except that it is not marking items as read automatically. I can manually mark them, but the options on
    the Settings/Reading/Mark item as read do not seem to have any effect. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

Evan's Pops, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app

Windows 10 mail automatically downloads images

Hello,

I understand that the images are automatically downloaded in Windows Mail. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Open Windows Mail App.
    • Click on the Gear Icon/ Settings on the left bottom.
    • Select Reading in the right corner.
    • Turn Off Automatically download external images and Style Fonts.
    • Restart the Application and check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows Mail app images not downloaded automatically

Hi Mak,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still facing the issue?

As per the description above I would suggest you to follow the steps below and Change Mailbox sync settings from the mail app and check if its working fine.

• Open Mail App and click on the Settings icon.

• Now, click on Account and then select your account.

• Click on Change Mailbox Sync Settings.

• Click onDownload New Contents
      and selectAs item arrives.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How-To Mark All as Read in Windows 10 Mail?

OK, I remember from olden days!

To select the entire inbox as read:-

1. Choose the option to to look at all unread messages.

2. Highlight the first message and select.

3. Scroll to end of unread list.

4. Shift and click on last message.

5. Right click anywhere within the selected list.

6. Choose and click on Mark As Read.

Bingo all 3500 messages disappear.

AnthonyHopeJ, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change How to Automatically Mark Item as Read in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Change Automatically Mark

2. items are marked for deletion at desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    items are marked for deletion at desktop: while selecting any items in desktop, message pops up for deletion requestDesktop icons are marked for deletion by default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/items-are-marked-for-deletion-at-desktop/33dcbc04-7929-454d-97ce-f1a6e8538d0f
  3. Mail app for Windows 10 not marking emails as read if they were read in a different email...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app for Windows 10 not marking emails as read if they were read in a different email...: Hello, If I check my email messages on my phone and read them, when I open up Mail for Windows 10 on my PC, it doesn't recognize that I've already read the emails elsewhere. As a result, I show as having thousands of unread email messages in Mail for Windows 10 even though...
  4. Change reading pane to bottom in Windows 10 Mail app???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change reading pane to bottom in Windows 10 Mail app???: There are over 1,000 votes on this topic in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/windows-10-mail-app-how-to-change-reading-pane-to/376e1e29-56f1-4552-b173-18d1fef70083 How have the developers not prioritized...
  5. Sent mail being marked as SPAM in MAIL app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sent mail being marked as SPAM in MAIL app: So I sent an email message I went to the sent folder to confirm that it was sent but couldn't see it. I then went to Gmail in the chrome browser and saw that it was in the SPAM folder and google was asking if the mail is spam I clicked NO and then everything was normal and...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation)

Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation): VERY SIMPLY, How do you change the reading pane orientation in the Windows 10 mail app (the default app) from the standard left-right layout to a top-bottom layout?? The left right reading pane SUCKS!! and not having the option to change it to top bottom is...
  7. Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read"

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  8. how to change Mail app language an windows 10 ?

how to change Mail app language an windows 10 ?: Hi ! , i'm using windows in Arabic language and i want to continue using it this way, but i want to use Mail app in English because there is a lot of problem using it in Arabic writing emails or reading it ! it must be a way to make the app think that the system...
  9. Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'?: Like it says in the title. If such functionality exists, I can't find it. Also, is there a way to check all the items in a folder for a bulk action? Seems like you have to check them one by one - ugh. 7479
  10. windows 10 marks directories as "read only" and i am unable to change

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 marks directories as "read only" and i am unable to change: this happened today. I cannot save some files from a program I am using very easily as well. prior to this, I had changed permissions from a system file from "trusted installer" to myself as the administrator, which I also added to the separate administrators group. i...