Windows 10: Change icon of application (Almost there...)

Discus and support Change icon of application (Almost there...) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everybody. Maybe someone can help me *Smile I'm trying to change the icon of an application to better suit the windows 10 look, the app is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mbarros, Apr 15, 2016.

1. mbarros Win User

Change icon of application (Almost there...)

Hi everybody.
    Maybe someone can help me *Smile

I'm trying to change the icon of an application to better suit the windows 10 look, the app is the Postbox email client.
    So far I used Resource Hacker and I almost did it, I changed the original icon, the shortcuts in the taskbar but as soon as I open the app the "running app" icon reverts to the original one, any help on changing that icon to?

Thanks for any help.

I attached some screenshots, the last one shows the original icon as soon as I open the app. That's the one I want to change.

Change icon of application (Almost there...) [​IMG]

:)

mbarros, Apr 15, 2016
  2. NewDay87 Win User

Need help?What problem with 6120c Theme's Icon?

Not like that, As I said i tried many other themes, almost i chose the ones that can change every icon in menu screen, and all the other icon of menu screen changed but Applications...It make my phone seem be
    asynchronous...Anyway thank 4 ur idea . Help me!........

NewDay87, Apr 15, 2016
  3. gulu---01 Win User
    Need some help in icon for s60 carbide!

Can any one tell me where is the option I can changed this Icon?

1. Application Folder

2. Internet Folder

3. Video Center Application

Plz hekp me out b'coz I almost finished my theme.....

gulu---01, Apr 15, 2016
  4. mbarros Win User

Just solved it, there are another folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Postbox\chrome\icons\default where the app keeps 4 .ico files, just changed those to my version and everything looks good now *Smile

mbarros, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Change icon of application (Almost there...) - Similar Threads - Change icon application

2. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  3. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  4. Is changing the icon of an application safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is changing the icon of an application safe?: Hi, So recently I have been thinking about changing the default icon of the Minecraft Launcher application, but I'm not really sure if it can brick my computer or anything, should I do it and is it safe? I'm on Windows 10 just to be sure....
  5. Is changing the icon of an application safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is changing the icon of an application safe?: Hi, So recently I have been thinking about changing the default icon of the Minecraft Launcher application, but I'm not really sure if it can brick my computer or anything, should I do it and is it safe? I'm on Windows 10 just to be sure....
  6. Is changing the icon of an application safe?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is there a way to change an application's tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change an application's tray icon?: I can't seem to find it if there is submitted by /u/spoonybends [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irhr5b/is_there_a_way_to_change_an_applications_tray_icon/
  8. Application Icon changes to a cross sign.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application Icon changes to a cross sign.: Hi ! Recently the icons of many applications have turned into cross signs . These include - Task Manager Command Prompt Windows Media Player and etc. [ATTACH] What should I do to restore the icons back ? And also , this didn't occur previously but only from a...
  9. Icons Won't Change in "Applications and Functions"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Won't Change in "Applications and Functions": As the title suggests, no matter what I do, whenever I change the default icon for any app/game on my computer, it just won't change, and instead becomes a white "blank" icon. What's even stranger is this happens only once for every several clean Windows installs I do - the...
  10. Change Icon By File Type (not by Application)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Icon By File Type (not by Application): This is the scenario. I have a music collection that I want all my music files to be played in the same player. I want to be able to look at a file and tell if it is an MP3 or a WAV or a MP4 or an OGG by looking at the ICON (Yes I know I can enable windows to show...