Windows 10: change icons

Discus and support change icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any 3rd party software out there that will allow you to change the crappy default icons that windows 10 uses? 96057 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Plankton, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Plankton Win User

change icons

Is there any 3rd party software out there that will allow you to change the crappy default icons that windows 10 uses?

:)

Plankton, Oct 20, 2017

2. Changing Icons

I am afraid I do. Carbonite is an on-line back up service that I am unfamiliar with in that I have never used it. Hopefully someone will have the necessary knowledge to help you regain full control of your folders.

Perhaps they can assist you on their website Computer File Backup Software & Data Protection | Carbonite

c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, Oct 20, 2017
  3. RSAB0257 Win User
    Change icons

Perfect...!!! Perfect...!!!

Its working

You are awesome

I solved my problem

thank you so much change icons :)

I Love You Microsoft... !!

RSAB0257, Oct 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

change icons

I find Iconchanger helpful:
    Damian's Homepage
    Only affects imageres.dll
    Although you can use your own icon library, it seems only Win 7 icons are available.
    I find the 'patch' doesn't work, so manually replace the dll with the automatically patched one, which I keep to hand in case of an in-place upgrade repair install etc.

change icons [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 20, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Thanks...I'll have a look at it.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

change icons

1. change icons - Similar Threads - change icons

2. why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?: I can no longer quickly see the folder tree with everything looking like a document file. This is very inefficient and frustrating. Plus when I try to change the icon to the old filter - it does not change in details. This is unacceptable! We the paying customers should have...
  3. why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?: I can no longer quickly see the folder tree with everything looking like a document file. This is very inefficient and frustrating. Plus when I try to change the icon to the old filter - it does not change in details. This is unacceptable! We the paying customers should have...
  4. Change PDF icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change PDF icon: Hello, I want to change my pdf icons from the app that I use to open it to another icon, can this be possible in windows 11?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pdf-icon/c2f97cf2-fedb-4673-88aa-94d313abc9ce
  5. Change PDF icon

Change PDF icon: Hello, I want to change my pdf icons from the app that I use to open it to another icon, can this be possible in windows 11?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pdf-icon/c2f97cf2-fedb-4673-88aa-94d313abc9ce
  6. Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11: Hello, I am having issues changing the icon of my folder files on my new Windows 11 computer. I am able to go into properties, select the .ico icon I want, and click apply and exit, but the icon does not change. When I go back into the properties of the folder, the icon is...
  7. Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11

Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11: Hello, I am having issues changing the icon of my folder files on my new Windows 11 computer. I am able to go into properties, select the .ico icon I want, and click apply and exit, but the icon does not change. When I go back into the properties of the folder, the icon is...
  8. System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.: Hi,I am using Kaspersky VPN before I had issue with VPN, so I had done network reset before resetting in windows system tray icon Wi-Fi symbol changes to wired network symbol when connected to VPN but after resetting it won't change at all I had restarted and reinstalled...
  9. System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.

System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.: Hi,I am using Kaspersky VPN before I had issue with VPN, so I had done network reset before resetting in windows system tray icon Wi-Fi symbol changes to wired network symbol when connected to VPN but after resetting it won't change at all I had restarted and reinstalled...
  10. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...