Windows 10: Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker?

Discus and support Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I used "Simple System Tweaker" from Tweaking.com recently and I've notice a change in the way Windows closes and opens. On shutdown, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrm3601, Apr 27, 2016.

1. mrm3601 Win User

Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker?

Hello.

I used "Simple System Tweaker" from Tweaking.com recently and I've notice a change in the way Windows closes and opens.

On shutdown, there is now a brief message, "Stopping Services." On startup, there is a brief message, "Preparing Windows."

I never noticed these messages prior to using "Simple System Tweaker."

I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not. Any comments will be gladly welcomed.

Thank you.

:)

mrm3601, Apr 27, 2016

2. Duplicate calendar entries as a result of 2 identical accounts.

This is even better, though I do not like the new live-tile "Hotmail".

I've switched from gmail to outlook.com a few months ago and was under the assumption that e-mail had to be set up seperately, since I've always done that.

The live-id actually syncs e-mail ;-)

Thank you so much for your patience and quick answers.

Quick question;

I've saved several contact information to the outlook-account. Does that mean I've indirectly saved contact information on my windows live id (meaning I won't lose them, deleting the outlook-account from my phone), keeping my live id Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker? :)?

Michael Tind, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Duplicate calendar entries as a result of 2 identical accounts.

I don't know what you mean when you mention an Outlook live tile, so don't know why that would even be a consideration. But you can go to settings > email+accounts > select the account that is not your primary account and then remove the checkmark next to
    Calendar to stop syncing that data from that account.

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 27, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

I am not a fan of "Tweakers" but those messages are normal. You may not have noticed them before based on how fast the system starts or shuts down.

pbcopter, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker? - Similar Threads - Change result using

2. Hardware change resulted in problems with Windows activation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware change resulted in problems with Windows activation: I cannot activate Windows on part of my PC. It started in the following way: I use an old PC where Windows 7 was installed, then I upgraded to Windows 8, then I upgraded part of the PC to Windows 10 and reinstalled the system. After that I activated Windows using settings...
  3. Changing file Icons (unexpected results)

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file Icons (unexpected results): Hello I've tried to change the file icons based on extensions(in Windows 10),for which I used a third party tool called FileTypes Man(I followed this guide), and at the first glance it works, until a system reboot at least. To be more precise, I am trying to change the PNG...
  4. Networking on a simple basic system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking on a simple basic system: Yet again Microsoft is screwing with our machines with another update forced upon us that mucks up home networking by changing something to stop machines talking to each other. Yesterday my network of six desktop could talk with the two Network addressable Storage on the...
  5. 7 + taskbar tweaker question

in Windows 10 Customization
    7 + taskbar tweaker question: Hi! im using the app 7 + taskbar tweaker to increase the taskbar icons size. is their a way to hae this work without the app running in the background? 108559
  6. Is there a Simple way to Change User Account/Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a Simple way to Change User Account/Name?: I know there are many things that are suggested but I wonder if there is a simple way to do this. We just got our new Windows 10 Pro laptop yesterday and it was set up with an MS username and junk password. It then created a username in the USER directory and, all programs...
  7. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive: I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more. OneDrive Poll 74813
  8. best tweaker/customizer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    best tweaker/customizer?: I'm interested in using just one tweaking program for Windows 10. What do you guys like? Ideally this program creates a backup of all the settings it changes from Windows defaults. Thanks, 56379
  9. How to use Powershell for simple CMD tools

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use Powershell for simple CMD tools: I am by no standard a programmer. But in the past, I had a job with a lot of skutwork needed on a daily basis. I.T. was always too busy, and non-I.T. folks were not allowed to do any programming, but the command line and batch stuff was not real programming and was OK for...
  10. Use chrome/google as default for search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Use chrome/google as default for search results: How can I -Use chrome/google for search results Currently when we type anything into the taskbar search, it launches Edge + Bing to give the results. I would like it to use google and my chrome browser cos I find it gives better results. 8782