Windows 10: Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker?

Discus and support Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I used "Simple System Tweaker" from Tweaking.com recently and I've notice a change in the way Windows closes and opens. On shutdown, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrm3601, Apr 27, 2016.

1. mrm3601 Win User

Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker?

Hello.

I used "Simple System Tweaker" from Tweaking.com recently and I've notice a change in the way Windows closes and opens.

On shutdown, there is now a brief message, "Stopping Services." On startup, there is a brief message, "Preparing Windows."

I never noticed these messages prior to using "Simple System Tweaker."

I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not. Any comments will be gladly welcomed.

Thank you.

:)

mrm3601, Apr 27, 2016

2. Duplicate calendar entries as a result of 2 identical accounts.

This is even better, though I do not like the new live-tile "Hotmail".

I've switched from gmail to outlook.com a few months ago and was under the assumption that e-mail had to be set up seperately, since I've always done that.

The live-id actually syncs e-mail ;-)

Thank you so much for your patience and quick answers.

Quick question;

I've saved several contact information to the outlook-account. Does that mean I've indirectly saved contact information on my windows live id (meaning I won't lose them, deleting the outlook-account from my phone), keeping my live id Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker? :)?

Michael Tind, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Duplicate calendar entries as a result of 2 identical accounts.

I don't know what you mean when you mention an Outlook live tile, so don't know why that would even be a consideration. But you can go to settings > email+accounts > select the account that is not your primary account and then remove the checkmark next to
    Calendar to stop syncing that data from that account.

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 27, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

I am not a fan of "Tweakers" but those messages are normal. You may not have noticed them before based on how fast the system starts or shuts down.

pbcopter, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Change in Windows as a result of using Simple System Tweaker? - Similar Threads - Change result using

2. Winaero Tweaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winaero Tweaker: When I scan the .zip file on Virus Total, an anti-virus called dr. web diagnose it with "Trojan.MulDrop 16.37713". Idk if dr. web is good or not, I've never heard bout it. But a channel called Michael MJD said it is safe and good (160K subs) submitted by /u/Valois061007...
  3. Window tweakers?

Window tweakers?: Trying to remove annoying shortcut arrows and UAC icon from desktop icons. I have used UWT in the past but that was several years ago and i did screw up several times, forcing me to do a fresh install just for a simple change to lock screen. Anyone recommend a simple user...
  4. Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker?

Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker?: Wanted to change my system font, so I used Winaero Tweaker to do so after seeing positive things said about it. I did successfully change my system font, but there was also a strange side-effect. In the windows search bar, among some other places, the font remained as the...
  5. 7+ Taskbar Tweaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7+ Taskbar Tweaker: Hello Windows 10 expert, I used the software 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to alter the behavior of the Windows 7 taskbar which much success. I wanted to know if anyone has had a good experience with this software on Windows 10? 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog The site states...
  6. winaero tweaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    winaero tweaker: Winaero Tweaker is supposed to allow a user to adjust things like the font used for desktop icon labels. But the download is a ZIP file. How do you extract the executable software from the ZIP file?...
  7. Winaero Tweaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Winaero Tweaker: I recently asked about how to get icon titles into readable sizes and fonts. An answer came back, with a link to "Winaero Tweaker". But the he site is enormously confusing, and the software itself is a ZIP file. How do I get a download package that provides an installable...
  8. Simple system restore question

Simple system restore question: I have Windows 10 homework and I want to double check before submitting this as a grade. Assume the below list of files exist on your computer at the time that the last restore point was created on your computer. Also assume that system restore is enabled on drive C: and on...
  9. winaero tweaker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winaero tweaker?: Anyone tried this app? I would welcome any advice or suggestions... 142259
  10. Networking on a simple basic system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking on a simple basic system: Yet again Microsoft is screwing with our machines with another update forced upon us that mucks up home networking by changing something to stop machines talking to each other. Yesterday my network of six desktop could talk with the two Network addressable Storage on the...