Windows 10: Change Kiosk App in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Kiosk App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Kiosk App in Windows 10 How to Change Kiosk App in Windows 10 You can use the standard user account on a PC so that it only has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by f14tomcat, Apr 15, 2017.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Change Kiosk App in Windows 10

How to: Change Kiosk App in Windows 10

How to Change Kiosk App in Windows 10

You can use the standard user account on a PC so that it only has access to a single Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app you select.

When you set up and account with the assigned access feature, the user does not have access to the desktop, Start Menu, or any other part of the PC. The account can only access and use the selected UWP app.

*note To exit assigned access, press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys.

Starting with Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft introduced a simplified assigned access configuration experience in Settings that allows device administrators to easily set up a PC as a kiosk or digital sign. A wizard experience walks you through kiosk setup including creating a kiosk account that will automatically sign in when a device starts.

For more information about assigned access, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to change the kiosk app for assigned access (kiosk mode) in Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, or Windows 10 Education.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to change the kiosk app.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, and click/tap on Assigned access under Set up a kiosk on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Change Kiosk App in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the current kiosk app (ex: "Tips"), and click/tap on Change kiosk app. (see screenshot below)

4. Select an available app (ex: "Microsoft Edge") you want, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

*tip Guidelines for choosing an app for assigned access (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

5. If you selected the Microsoft Edge app, you will need to select how this app displays when running in kiosk mode, and click/tap on Next: (see screenshots below)

*tip Deploy Microsoft Edge kiosk mode | Microsoft Docs

*note As a digital sign or interactive display, the default URL shows in full screen, without browser controls.

As a public browser, the default URL shows in a browser view with limited browser controls.

6. Click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

7. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

f14tomcat, Apr 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

Source: Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10 - Microsoft Tech Community - 187691

Tip How to Setup Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

Source: Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10 - Microsoft Tech Community - 187691

Tip How to Setup Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Jonas Flo Win User
    Kiosk Mode in Windows 10.

We would just like to clarify some information.

• How many apps do you plan on running on the said mode?
    This maybe an option that suits your purpose. Kindly follow the steps provided in this
    link.

For more information, you might want to check this article out about:
    Configure kiosk and shared devices running Windows desktop editions

Regards.

Jonas Flo, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 kiosk mode issue

Hello Ashley, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you follow the steps from the article ‘Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues’

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Alternatively, try to remove and then reinstall the Kiosk account. Please, follow the steps provided below:

1. Open Settings, locate Accounts, then Family & other people.

2. Tap on Assigned access that is under Setup a kiosk option.

3. Find Kiosk info and click on the account name, then tap on Remove kiosk.

4. Press Remove.

Once done, refer to the article on how to set up a single-app kiosk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Kiosk App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Kiosk App

2. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode: Hi,we setup a kiosk profile with Intune. On an English OS Windows 10 everything works as expected. The kiosk user is automatically signed-in. On a German OS the automatic sign-in does not work. We opened a case at the Intune support team ID#2212151420001148. They cloudn't...
  3. Windows Single App Kiosk

Windows Single App Kiosk: HI All,Can some one please help how can enable Auto Refresh a website launched in single app kiosk mode under assigned access mode.It should refresh website without logging out user.any help would be appreciated.RegardsVikas KUmar...
  4. Windows Single App Kiosk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Single App Kiosk: HI All,Can some one please help how can enable Auto Refresh a website launched in single app kiosk mode under assigned access mode.It should refresh website without logging out user.any help would be appreciated.RegardsVikas KUmar...
  5. Single App Kiosk or What?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Single App Kiosk or What?: Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account...
  6. Single App Kiosk or What?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single App Kiosk or What?: Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account...
  7. Single App Kiosk or What?

8. Windows 10 multi-app kiosk - apps not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 multi-app kiosk - apps not available: I have created a provisioning package to apply a Windows 10 multi-app kiosk. The associated XML allow for 2 Windows Store apps one from Microsoft and one from a third party to run. It creates an autologon user and puts 2 icons on the desktop for the apps. Once the package...
  9. About Kiosk App

About Kiosk App: This article "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/guidelines-for-assigned-access-app" mentions "Apps that are generated using the Desktop App Converter (Desktop Bridge) cannot be used as kiosk apps." In this answer...
  10. Can not remove windows kiosk or make any changes to kiosk apps from local or domain admin...

Can not remove windows kiosk or make any changes to kiosk apps from local or domain admin...: Anytime I login to my admin account (local or domain both have this issue) and try to make any change to the kiosk app or remove the kiosk, it says "please try your changes again" but never allows me to make any changes or remove the kiosk I created. I have installed the most...