Windows 10: "change location of onedrive" tutorial leaving me stuck at Pin to QA

Discus and support "change location of onedrive" tutorial leaving me stuck at Pin to QA in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sending large amount of music files to onedrive was quickly filling up my 120gb ssd C: drive. Tried to change location of onedrive per tutorial in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trbodden, Feb 9, 2018.

1. trbodden Win User

"change location of onedrive" tutorial leaving me stuck at Pin to QA

Sending large amount of music files to onedrive was quickly filling up my 120gb ssd C: drive. Tried to change location of onedrive per tutorial in customization area. Got to "pin onedrive to quick access and 'move to' and they were not active. Maybe there's a better approach?

:)

trbodden, Feb 9, 2018

2. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

Every single number.. No i've tested in on my mothers phone and her ID isn't set on private but still doesn't show. When i miss the call it automatically sends me a message saying who called, well if there number isn't on private.

hamburglar1, Feb 9, 2018
  3. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

I've had this problem since ever... Whenever i recieve a call it doesn't show the caller. All it says is " Call ". Please someone help me get rid of this ! My settings are set as " Say caller's name; - On "

hamburglar1, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 9, 2018
  5. I found that the best way to fix One Drive was to switch to Google Drive.

Performance is better. Everything is better. Stunningly better. Everything. It's a night and day difference.

margrave55, Feb 9, 2018
  6. trbodden Win User
    You may be right Margrave. But I hate google (polidtics and privacy) so i'll try to get onedrive working for me before I bow down to lord google.

trbodden, Feb 9, 2018
  7. trbodden Win User
    to Brink
    Same tutoial just my lack of attention. I'm talling about item 5, where we are to "select onedrive, pin it to quick access and select "moveto" I apologise for my lack of attention to detail, etc. 78 and part brain dead.

trbodden, Feb 9, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

No worries. I can certainly relate. *Smile

There isn't a "Pin to Quick access" instruction in the step below though.

Brink, Feb 9, 2018
  9. trbodden Win User
    Brink, my mistake. I wrote pin instead of click. But that isn't what the problem was for me. It was when I tried to get the move drop down. It would not drop down and the entire home tab had turned a grayish blue. I thought that color change was a result of the click on the home tab but I guess not. At any rate, no move drop down and no ability to change onedrive location.

Tom
    Just noticed the "pin to quick access" under the red indicator ball #2. Probable source of my confusion and failure to get it right.

trbodden, Feb 10, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    @trbodden,

Just to verify, did you select the OneDrive folder first to activate the "Move to" button in the ribbon?

If so, you could also manually move the OneDrive folder to where you wanted it instead.

Brink, Feb 10, 2018
  11. trbodden Win User
    Brink, I can't recall if I did. But I did notice in the various things I tried that "relocate or move onedrive" was offered and I selected it and was able to move "OD" to another location. And it was very simple compared to tutorial. But don't ask me to duplicate it; it's lost in my brain somewhere. Also, it seems that though moved to (in this case) D:\ it is still on c:\ taking up valuable space.

I wanted to take a new tack and start all over; like a clean install (of OneDrive), you know? Is that possible? Where would I start? I was hoping to use OD as a file storage share as the DDNS thing I tried was not working out (noip) for music and videos.

Hope I don't have to reinstall win10. But I am willing to work hard at making this OneDrive work.

trbodden, Feb 10, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you were able to move the OneDrive folder to where you wanted, then there's no need to start over with it.

Are you able to use OneDrive how you wanted now?

Brink, Feb 10, 2018
  13. trbodden Win User

no, it doesn't seem to be. I moved it to D: but it still exists at C:. And when I upload files from D: to OneDrive.live they quickly appear back in C:, which is what I wanted to avoid because of space available. I am going to try to delete the onedrive in C: ; then I am going to limit the files/folders that I keep on PC. I know I saw the latter option somewhere. I will also try the tutorial again before I try those two options.

tried all of this; delete D:, then C: reran tutorial with restart on onedrive. Do not get ability to "move" under any circumstance. I am assuming if I could Move onedrive to a different drive, it would remove the C: drive location. But I can't get there.

Tom

trbodden, Feb 11, 2018
  14. trbodden Win User
    Has anyone been able to move onedrive as described in the tutorial?

trbodden, Feb 15, 2018
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 15, 2018
Thema:

1. "change location of onedrive" tutorial leaving me stuck at Pin to QA - Similar Threads - change location onedrive

2. Font changed after QA screen share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font changed after QA screen share: Font changed after QA screen shareSteps tried:PC restartfont is same it is not bold or crisp as per userwindows updatedremoved display driverpc restartdownloaded graphics driver from HP websitepc restarttested by changing Refresh rate, screen resolution, screen zoomuser still...
  3. Font changed after QA screen share

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Font changed after QA screen share: Font changed after QA screen shareSteps tried:PC restartfont is same it is not bold or crisp as per userwindows updatedremoved display driverpc restartdownloaded graphics driver from HP websitepc restarttested by changing Refresh rate, screen resolution, screen zoomuser still...
  4. OneDrive location changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive location changes: Why does the location for OneDrive keep changing? I set the GPS location for my address, but no help keeping location the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location-changes/3b403250-be65-4311-947e-5db263330687
  5. OneDrive location changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive location changes: Why does the location for OneDrive keep changing? I set the GPS location for my address, but no help keeping location the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location-changes/3b403250-be65-4311-947e-5db263330687
  6. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it: Hi!I am SO frustrated with OneDrive. It won't leave me alone. It is completely uninstalled on my computer and yet it continually pops up at me with messages about saving to OneDrive or "Please upload to OneDrive to share", etc.It is a huge time-sucker when it continues to...
  7. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it: Hi!I am SO frustrated with OneDrive. It won't leave me alone. It is completely uninstalled on my computer and yet it continually pops up at me with messages about saving to OneDrive or "Please upload to OneDrive to share", etc.It is a huge time-sucker when it continues to...
  8. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

9. Locating a "Windows" basics tutorial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locating a "Windows" basics tutorial: Where on the Microsoft website or perhaps in my computer do you find, " The Basics of Windows" ? You know, a straightforward tutorial on the basics ! From the source ! ,...
  10. Changing OneDrive download location

Changing OneDrive download location: Before using OneDrive all my data files were held on a seperate partition ion E: drive. I have now stored the main folders (eg Documents, Photographs, Spreadsheets) on OneDrive and now realise that as well as offline they are held in C: Users/Chris. Can I alter it so that...