Windows 10: Change log off period

Discus and support Change log off period in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Feathers, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Feathers Win User

Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

:)

Feathers, Aug 2, 2017

2. wireless network problems

Windows 10 kicks me off Wi - Fi periodically. Simple pass does not work all the time. Cortana did not work with a local log in and when we changed it all these problems arose. My case number is SRX1304193394ID.

lee simcoe, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Disabling need to change log in password periodically

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us and sorry for the inconvenience.

To assist you better, I would like to know are you using Microsoft account to log-in to your computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the 42 days password expire is check on the account settings. I suggest you to go to the below link, try changing the password and uncheck form the option 42 days password expiration.

Reset your password

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help

Billion Debbarma, Aug 2, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Change log off period

lx07, Aug 2, 2017
  5. Feathers Win User
    Thank you for your swift reply 1x07. I've just carried out both options but without success. The Power & Sleep page gives me the opportunity to change how long the Screen remains lit and how long before the computer goes into sleep mode. But neither seems to have any impact on the time of inactivity before it logs me off the system! So I can only assume that the Screen and Sleep options have nothing to do with how long the computer remains inactive before it logs me off. Am I right, or am I missing something here? (I set the Screen option for 20 minutes and the Sleep option also for 20 minutes and then I timed my inactivity to just five minutes before it logged me out.)

Feathers, Aug 2, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    I've always been a bit shaky on what constitutes an activity when it comes to sleep. For example watching a YouTube video clearly constitutes an activity (as does pressing a key or moving the mouse) but watching a static page of tenforums.com (for example) doesn't.

If your PC is logging you out after 5 minutes though when you have all timers set to 20 I don't know. This seems to be the inverse - you are being logged out too fast. Just to clarify - when this happens do you get to the lock screen where you have to re-enter your password?

Perhaps there is another mechanism (apart from power options) I'm not aware of and someone else can assist.

lx07, Aug 2, 2017
  7. Feathers Win User
    After I've been logged out I get the lock screen (I think) which shows a picture together with the time and date. I left click anywhere on that screen and it takes me to the log in screen.

Feathers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change log off period

1. Change log off period - Similar Threads - Change log off

2. Log on AND log Off sounds..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log on AND log Off sounds..: I cant seem to find the log on and log off sound options in the customize sound menu, tho I changed the and selected the play sounds on startup option, I have a windows 11 Inspiron, is the option there somewhere else if yes where??...
  3. Log on AND log Off sounds..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log on AND log Off sounds..: I cant seem to find the log on and log off sound options in the customize sound menu, tho I changed the and selected the play sounds on startup option, I have a windows 11 Inspiron, is the option there somewhere else if yes where??...
  4. Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread.I was advised by Norton 360 to turn off "Periodic Scanning": unfortunately the paths in this article do not seem to exist in my Windows 10 installation old, but up-to-date with all required updates. There is NO selection for "Windows Defender". Advice,...
  5. Monitor flickers off and on periodically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor flickers off and on periodically: In my dorm at university my monitor flickers off and on periodically through the day. It's a quick flicker off then on within a couple seconds. This does not happen at my home. Is there a power/monitor setting within windows I should adjust?...
  6. Logging on off line

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logging on off line: I have synced my Microsoft acc and now I can only logon on line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-on-off-line/fe069487-fbe0-4379-92ad-1d8d4b0d7c8e"
  7. Log Off/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Log Off/Shutdown: Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC...
  8. Change the colour of the Shutdown/Log-off screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the colour of the Shutdown/Log-off screen?: I know how to change the colour of the log on screen but not the log off screen, any ideas? 31153
  9. New user logged off at log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New user logged off at log-on: I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win 10 Home, and with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user (not with a Microsoft account). When logging in with this local user the log-on screen immediately says "Signing out" and that's it. Nothing. I've been...
  10. WIFI adaoter periodically shuts off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI adaoter periodically shuts off: Recently, my WIFI adapter (USB) will shut off. The Diagnosis shows nothing. When I select the WIFI system it has gone from blue to gray. Also checked Settings. If/When I reboot it works fine. I am connected to wireless WIFI in my building. 96977