Windows 10: Change login screen background color

Discus and support Change login screen background color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I upgraded my PC from 8.1 and I had a black background for the login screen before and after I had upgraded it had grandfathered that background color.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wolfy1339, Jul 26, 2016.

1. wolfy1339 Win User

Change login screen background color

I upgraded my PC from 8.1 and I had a black background for the login screen before and after I had upgraded it had grandfathered that background color.
    Now that I did an in-place upgrade (to fix some bad windows files), it seems it has taken on the default blue since I have accidentally changed themes. I can't seem to find my old theme from 8.1, or change the background color without changing the accent color.
    In 8.1 I was able to set a whole wack of colors to different things, including the login screen independently from the accent color but now it seems impossible
    So, how do I change the color on the login screen?

:)

wolfy1339, Jul 26, 2016
  2. UndBen Win User

Lock screen, user login screen

Yes like bossOr said, it is easy to change the lock screen with the time and date. But trying to change the background on the login screen is not obvious, because it is not the same background as the login screen as one would think. Or it doesn't seem
    like you can even have a personalized solid color like you could with windows 8.1

UndBen, Jul 26, 2016
  3. how I can change the picture?

To change to a solid color login background, make sure you are on the Fall update (10586) of Windows 10. Once you're using that, go to the Settings application. In the Personalization :: Lock Screen section there's a toggle reading something like "Show
    Windows logo as background for login screen" - flip that to be off. Change login screen background color :)

zachd [MSFT], Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

Change login screen background color

1. Change login screen background color - Similar Threads - Change login screen

2. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?: The screens come up with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 12, etc and have the user name and you click on the user and it asks for the login password. What I would really like is to change this login screen to show a blue or black screen with justLoginUsername: Password:...
  3. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...
  4. screen background color

screen background color: hello' I need help changing the back ground color on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-background-color/c502f009-3684-433a-b499-9867b6eb3faa
  5. Print Screen changes background color of capture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Screen changes background color of capture: When I capture an image from the screen and paste to Paint 3D, Paint, Word, anything - it discolors the background to a pale beige-orange. Just recently started. Using Windows 10...
  6. Change Login Screen Background

Change Login Screen Background: Where can I find the setting to change the login screen background image from the default Windows logo that comes with it? 129621
  7. Changing color of fonts and background on the screen

Changing color of fonts and background on the screen: There is a blue tinge to the icons, background, and text typed. How resort to white background and black letters in all programs? Thank you. 44676
  8. change the Login screen background?

change the Login screen background?: Is there an easy way to change the Login screen background? 13815
  9. Change color user login screen

Change color user login screen: I have searched for hours trying to find out how to change the color of the user login screen. Mine is the ugliest color. None of the information I found on Windows 8 will work on Windows 10. There is another post regarding this on this site but I am unable to open its answer...
  10. Changing font color of the login-screen

Changing font color of the login-screen: Hello, is it possible to change the font-color of the username in the login-screen? Maybe changing the font and fontsize too? [img] Thanks. 42418