Windows 10: Change login / welcome screen language

Discus and support Change login / welcome screen language in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi folks changing language on login screen is hidden in the old control panel. Note language change is fine for rest of windows but for the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jimbo45, Aug 11, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Change login / welcome screen language

Hi folks

changing language on login screen is hidden in the old control panel. Note language change is fine for rest of windows but for the login screen it's a bit fiddly.

You need to enter the control panel by entering run at the windows icon and enter control panel.

now choose region in the control panel and in the popup choose the 3rd tab administrative.

Choose copy settings (top part) - then choose welcome screen on the next opoup -- ist button.

my settings are in icelandic -- but the popups etc are the same for ENG or other languages -- don't forget to add keyboard support as well though if using language with (significantly) different character set.

Change login / welcome screen language [​IMG]

Change login / welcome screen language [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 11, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User

Lenovo G50 Windows 10 add User Account keyboard wont produce @

Addendum: To fix the problem once logged in try this:

How to Change Keyboard Layout for Windows 10/8/7 Login Screen?

First of all, you need to open the Control Panel. In Windows 7, simply click on the Start button and then click Control Panel. With Windows 10 or 8, press the Windows key + X to bring up the Quick Access Menu and select “Control Panel“.

By default, the Control Panel opens with the Category view. You need to change the view to Large icons or Small icons. In Windows 7, click “Region and Language“.

While in Windows 10 or 8, you have to click on “Region“.

Select the Administrative tab. Click on the Copy Settings button under Welcome Screen and New User Accounts. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.

In the dialog that appears, you can view the default keyboard layout and language for your current logged-on user, the Welcome/login screen, and new user accounts. To copy all “Current user” keyboard layout and language to the Windows welcome/login screen,
    tick “Welcome screen and system accounts“. Click OK.

Note: The check boxes will not stay checked after clicking OK. The check boxes are only to copy the Current user settings to the checked option for this one time. If changes are made to the Current user settings, you can go back and check the boxes again to
    apply the changes.

So this is how do I change the default keyboard layout for the login/Welcome screen in Windows 10/8/7.

Information from this site:
    https://www.top-password.com/blog/change-keyboa...

Time Lady, Aug 11, 2017
  3. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

My issue was with the Swedish keyboard appearing on the Welcome screen

Previous tech before me had deletd the keyboard from the Language section to no effect. Still showed the keyboard s login.

I had checked my Control Panel --> Language and verified that there was no extra keyboard there. I did notice that the Swedish Langauage was there under the US Keyboard. Deleted it, rebooted and no change.

I then tried deleting it under the registry key under .default section under the Preload and no change.

I tried adding the no remote keyboard entry and no luck there.

I then tried the Region setting and what was odd is the Welcome Screen showed as English but the new users section listed Swedish. I over wrote the settings and rebooted and despite confirming that the welcome screen settings said english it still showed
    the Swedish keyboard at the Welcome screen.

I went back into Region and checked the box to overwrite the Welcome screen options even though they appeared correct and that seemed to resolve the issue after I rebooted.

Very interesting bug.

Lester Schellinger, Aug 11, 2017
Thema:

Change login / welcome screen language

1. Change login / welcome screen language - Similar Threads - Change login welcome

2. Welcome screen language changed and won’t update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome screen language changed and won’t update: Logging in today and the language on my welcome screen is no longer English. I tried changing it back via Control Panel -> Clock and Region -> Region -> Administrative -> Copy settngs -> Check the “Welcome screen and System Accounts” -> OK. Did a restart, but it still shows...
  3. Welcome screen language changed and won’t update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome screen language changed and won’t update: Logging in today and the language on my welcome screen is no longer English. I tried changing it back via Control Panel -> Clock and Region -> Region -> Administrative -> Copy settngs -> Check the “Welcome screen and System Accounts” -> OK. Did a restart, but it still shows...
  4. Windows 10 welcome screen language change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 welcome screen language change.: Hello and good day to you! My name is Ivan Bratanov from Bulgaria. I have a Windows 10 notebook. The default language is bulgarian and the second language is english. The notebook has a password at the Welcome screen which contains english letters. Until now every time I turn...
  5. Windows 10 welcome screen language change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 welcome screen language change.: Hello and good day to you! My name is Ivan Bratanov from Bulgaria. I have a Windows 10 notebook. The default language is bulgarian and the second language is english. The notebook has a password at the Welcome screen which contains english letters. Until now every time I turn...
  6. Windows 10 welcome screen language change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 welcome screen language change.: Hello and good day to you! My name is Ivan Bratanov from Bulgaria. I have an Windows 10 notebook. The default language is bulgarian and the second language is english. The notebook has a password at the Welcome screen which contains english letters. Until now every time I...
  7. How to change language on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change language on login screen: I tried googling everything and nothing works so far, login screen is on english but when i login it still says it in croatian "Dobro došli" instead of "Welcome". submitted by /u/Sai_Kahleek [link] [comments]...
  8. Welcome screen change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen change: I would like to change name on welcome screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-change/9714224a-72ea-4383-b222-4eae59d26716
  9. Lock/Login/Welcome Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock/Login/Welcome Screen: Hello, i would like to ask if there is a way to like start my windows 10 pc to select an account before automatically starting to one that has no password? Because, on our pc, we have two accounts/users, One is my personal and more organized user/account that "has a...
  10. Login screen language change disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen language change disabled: My password for my Microsoft account is in English and I cant change the language for greek !!!And there is not possible to make the password greek. help I cant use my computer!!!PLEASEE 10718