Windows 10: Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10 How to Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Eileen, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Eileen Win User

Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10

How to: Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10

How to Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

You can change your mailbox sync settings for how often you want to download new email content, and how far back you want to download old email from your email server per account in the Mail app.

This tutorial will show you how to change the mailbox sync settings per account in your Mail app in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Manage Accounts in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the account you want to change mailbox sync settings for. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Change mailbox sync settings. (see screenshot below)

5. Select how often to download new content, and select how far back to download email from on the server, turn on or off Email, Calendar, and/or Contacts under Sync options for what you want, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Save to apply. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Eileen, Feb 13, 2016
  2. paulcrsm Win User

How do I change incoming and outgoing ports in Windows 10 Mail App

I've seen instructions for Windows 10 Mail app to go to "Change mailbox sync settings". From here they say that there is an "Advanced Mailbox Settings" option, but this does not appear on my Version 17.8730.21725.0. I suspect that it is only available
    when setting up the account and does not allow for changes. Is there another way around this? Otherwise I'll have to dump this mail app.

paulcrsm, Feb 13, 2016
  3. ECRCSR Win User
    Lost Old Emails - Can't Change Settings

It's another email provider, but there are both Outlook and this account set up in the Windows Mail app. This was how it was set up on Windows 8.1. Settings are for the email account settings to change mailbox sync settings. In the mailbox sync settings
    you can change the timeframe to download emails, change sync frequency, etc., but the "done" button at the bottom left is grayed out. Changes aren't saved.

ECRCSR, Feb 13, 2016
  4. Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10

It could be the trouble but don't Quote me on that,
    How long do you have to wait until it sync?
    Have you also tried a refresh to see if that cures your problem

Mine is set up as Brink as shown in 5

Also on mine I have used the link app that shows and brought all my inboxes into one
    You can also rename the link
    I am using my user name
    Once done just press Save,

That makes your Mail also sync quicker

hTconeM9user, Feb 13, 2016
  5. Eileen Win User
    Thanks, I'll try the link and let you know.
    Don't have to wait as it just doesn't sync.
    Bye the way, how should the privacy settings be in a perfect world?

Eileen, Feb 13, 2016
  6. That I don't know just click on link about privacy and it will take you to a page explaining it all.
    I for one love this new mail app
    In fact love it so much I dumped incredimail that I had just paid for

hTconeM9user, Feb 13, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    I have read that if you don't allow Mail to access the Calendar you won't get Mail to sync properly , so check

Under settings -> Privacy -> Calendar, You need to let the Mail app have access to the calendar

Kbird, Jun 1, 2016
  8. Eileen Win User

Thanks Kbird.
    Have tried that previously to no avail.
    I've given up on the app and now use Thunderbird instead.*Smile

Eileen, Jun 2, 2016
  9. dsamalot Win User
    MS 10 has not synched with either my gmail account nor with my goggle calendar since May 25, 2016. Cannot edit, nor delete and add. Error 0x8007054e

dsamalot, Jun 26, 2016
  10. This is what I found on that error
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d25827c?auth=1
    Hope this works for you

hTconeM9user, Jun 26, 2016
  11. dsamalot Win User
    It seems to have helped but the jury is still out though, the "gmail account settings" box is taking a long time. But I never did get to this step before. Is this normal?

Thank you for helping *Smile

dsamalot, Jun 26, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    Look for a window or message behind the main one on screen , it maybe waiting for you to allow access to gmail or need you to confirm something?

Kbird, Jun 27, 2016
  13. dsamalot Win User

It worked! It's synched and receiving/sending emails. Calendar also. It took a little time but it worked!!!

Thank you!

dsamalot, Jun 27, 2016
  14. Hemimax Win User
    FYI, if it helps anyone I have seen W10 Mail app not syncing or deleting email usually after an update. I found that if you reset the Mail and Calendar app, then update it from the W10 Store the emails will delete and the sync will begin to work in 24-48 hours. I also use an Outlook.com account so I am guessing it takes awhile for it to catch up with it.

Hemimax, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Mailbox Sync

2. Mail app "Change mailbox settings" is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app "Change mailbox settings" is greyed out and cannot be clicked.: I have reset the app, deleted and reinstalled it, set up new accounts etc. Nothing works. I have seen many previous questions with the same problem but no solution....
  3. Mail app "Change mailbox settings" is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app "Change mailbox settings" is greyed out and cannot be clicked.: I have reset the app, deleted and reinstalled it, set up new accounts etc. Nothing works. I have seen many previous questions with the same problem but no solution....
  4. find account mailbox sync settings

find account mailbox sync settings: To update I went to my account and according to instructions was supposed to go to change mailbox sync settings- I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-account-mailbox-sync-settings/37e8a988-ce23-4683-96fd-f6afb571607f
  5. WIndows 10 Mail App -> Settings -> Account Settings -> Change Mailbox sync settings -> Your...

WIndows 10 Mail App -> Settings -> Account Settings -> Change Mailbox sync settings -> Your...: Mail app Version 16005.12026.20248.0 OS Build 18362.10024 Your Name field is gone, how to set proper email account display name??? Here is the screenshot - https://prnt.sc/pkye4v...
  6. Windows 10 Mailbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mailbox app: For the last few days I have been having problems with the Mailbox in Windows 10. When I send a email with a attachment a message comes back "email not sent put into Draft folder, check the size of the attachment and email addresses. The email addresses are OK and sometimes...
  7. Windows 10 Mail will not sync - change mail box sync settings' not active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail will not sync - change mail box sync settings' not active: I have four email addresses and three of them work OK. However the fourth will not allow sync as the option 'change mailbox sync settings' is not active...
  8. Windows 10 Mailbox app

Windows 10 Mailbox app: Up to a few weeks ago I could type just one letter in the "TO" box and a list of contacts would show. I now have to type the first two letters to see contacts is this correct ? I am using Windows 10 Mailbox app for sending and receiving mail. In my Outlook and Yahoo accounts...
  9. Can't save Windows 10 mail app sync settings

in Browsers and Email
    Can't save Windows 10 mail app sync settings: Hi everyone, I recently updated to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 2, and I do not have the option to save any changes to sync settings I've made to my email accounts. This issue seems to happen only with Gmail accounts, as I can save the settings for my @live.com email...
  10. Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App: In W10 Mail App we can change the sync mailbox settings to 'based on my usage', 'manually' and sever time periods. What exactly do the first two mean? And how can we manually sync them; is there a button to do so? Thank you. 84400

Users found this page by searching for:

1. advanced mailbox settings windows 10