Windows 10: Change Main User

Discus and support Change Main User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had a glitch that was solved by creating a new Microsoft account and signing it with it. I added it as a additional user under my original MS account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BobZ, Aug 24, 2015.

1. BobZ Win User

Change Main User

I had a glitch that was solved by creating a new Microsoft account and signing it with it. I added it as a additional user under my original MS account (the one with the glitch). When I sign in with the new MS account, of course, all my data, apps, etc., aren't there. Is there a way to change the original account to the new one so I can save my data? Or is there a way to eassily move everything to the new account?

:)

2. Pawan1709 Win User

Change of main account to a user instead of main account holder since upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me assist you in resolving the issue.
    According to you, the issue started after you upgraded to Windows 10.

Please answer a few question for better understanding of the issue.

• You upgraded to Windows 10 from which Operating System?

• Do you have a Microsoft Account or did you create one after upgrade?

I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on Set up Mail and add contacts
    and check if it helps

Outlook help - Office Support
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on How do I add an account to
    Windows Live Mail?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

In case you don't want Microsoft account as main account you can switch to Local account. For more information refer this article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information, if the issue persists, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pawan1709, Aug 24, 2015
  3. MamaMich Win User
    Change of main account to a user instead of main account holder since upgrade to Windows 10

Thank you for your response.

We upgraded from windows 7. The computer created an account for us under another member of the families user name - we didn't to my knowledge have a Microsoft account, or if we did we never used it for anything as we didn't need to.

To be honest this whole upgrade has caused so much stress I really think it hasn't been worth it, and we are very frustrated as it has caused other issues as well like our screen looks terrible - we have a rectangle computer screen and none of the icons
    look like they did before, and no amount of fiddling under the settings for display are working to sort this out. We cannot access our photographs as it tells us we are not allowed access - I am seriously thinking of opting back to our old system if that
    is possible - my concern is that it won't ever be the same again!

I will take a look at the articles you have referred to but if you can shed any further light on this it would be appreciated.

Thank you

MamaMich, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Change Main User

1. Change Main User - Similar Threads - Change Main User

2. Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes: Hi, There are three users in our house using our Dell XPS 15 with extended monitor Dell U4320Q. Requirement:1 When I log in, I want my laptop to be my main display.2 When my son logs in, he wants the extended monitor to be his main display. Explanation of Problem:The above...
  3. Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes: Hi, There are three users in our house using our Dell XPS 15 with extended monitor Dell U4320Q. Requirement:1 When I log in, I want my laptop to be my main display.2 When my son logs in, he wants the extended monitor to be his main display. Explanation of Problem:The above...
  4. Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user: To put it simply, to bypass screen time limits I logged into my father's account on the computer. When I accidentally signed into the Microsoft store with my microsoft account, windows decided that that would be the main microsoft account for that windows user. When I go to...
  5. Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user: So recently, to use the computer after screen time limits, I logged in to my father's account on the computer. After a while of using it, I accidentally signed into the microsoft store, and then the main Microsoft Account for that user was set to my Microsoft Account. That...
  6. Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user

Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user: So recently, to use the computer after screen time limits, I logged in to my father's account on the computer. After a while of using it, I accidentally signed into the microsoft store, and then the main Microsoft Account for that user was set to my Microsoft Account. That...
  7. main user not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    main user not showing in Users folder: I messed things up and did a re-install of Windows 11 to get folders back to the correct places. Before I had Desktop in several place,s one within the prinmary Desktop folder.After the re-install, under Users I have - Default, Desktop and Public. My main User is Frank which...
  8. main user not showing in Users folder

main user not showing in Users folder: I messed things up and did a re-install of Windows 11 to get folders back to the correct places. Before I had Desktop in several place,s one within the prinmary Desktop folder.After the re-install, under Users I have - Default, Desktop and Public. My main User is Frank which...
  9. How to change the name of main user's folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name of main user's folder: Dear colleges, could you please help me to rename the user's folder? I tried several methods, but didn't help. I use computer language R, but it can not read my working directory, only because as it shown that my folder's name is in kirill alphabet instead of english....
  10. Changing main account user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing main account user: I am trying to change the main account user on my laptop but the individual who owned the computer previously does not remember the password, how do I go about deleting her account?...